Hey quick question, anyone been to fuerteventura

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

caramel10 Posts: 249
for a holiday?
stillwaiting4 Posts: 48
We went this summer for a week and absolutely loved it!!!! Really enjoyed our time there, it was super relaxing and really nice weather... loved every second of it - where are you thinking of going?
luppy Posts: 246
its lovely, really relaxing. would def recommend it!
[quote="luppy":23c3f2c5]its lovely, really relaxing. would def recommend it![/quote:23c3f2c5] o thank god LOL..thanks for your replies...it's just loads of people think it's soo quiet etc and we live to have a few drinks at night, going to corralejo for xmas,is that were you's been and where did yous' stay, still need to book apartments but somewhere cheap and cheerful and right beside everything...we were in lanzarote last year and loved that but thought we woudl try this island this year :o)ll
Well it is quiet - but I liked that - I was there in June and it was still what I would call quiet... still able to go for a few drinks at night but you wont get the usual mad crowds you'd find on the other islands. I found it really relaxing - no mental teenagers falling around the place crazy drunk - which is what I was afraid of!!! I was in Caleta, but I heard Corralejo is really nice...
[quote="Sept2012":3foohzrg]Well it is quiet - but I liked that - I was there in June and it was still what I would call quiet... still able to go for a few drinks at night but you wont get the usual mad crowds you'd find on the other islands. I found it really relaxing - no mental teenagers falling around the place crazy drunk - which is what I was afraid of!!! I was in Caleta, but I heard Corralejo is really nice...[/quote:3foohzrg] a right i think corralejo is meant to be the busiest place so we'l see anyways we are near 29 so i hope we are not too young for it LOL....lanzarote was fairly quiet too last year but still had good laugh with a few other people and it was good eough just hope well have the same craic in furteventura but then i don't tink man irish goes to this place, we'll see anyways to get away tot he sun is great so we'll enjoy it anyways, thanks
Minnie10 Posts: 686
Hi, We were in fuerteventura twice, first time in Corralejo and second time down in Costa Caleta. We really love fuerteventura especially for the sunshine. But its true both places are quiet and we went there in September. Your right you will enjoy it. x
[quote="caramel10":1ku0xj5u][quote="Sept2012":1ku0xj5u]Well it is quiet - but I liked that - I was there in June and it was still what I would call quiet... still able to go for a few drinks at night but you wont get the usual mad crowds you'd find on the other islands. I found it really relaxing - no mental teenagers falling around the place crazy drunk - which is what I was afraid of!!! I was in Caleta, but I heard Corralejo is really nice...[/quote:1ku0xj5u] a right i think corralejo is meant to be the busiest place so we'l see anyways we are near 29 so i hope we are not too young for it LOL....lanzarote was fairly quiet too last year but still had good laugh with a few other people and it was good eough just hope well have the same craic in furteventura but then i don't tink man irish goes to this place, we'll see anyways to get away tot he sun is great so we'll enjoy it anyways, thanks[/quote:1ku0xj5u] Well I'm only 25 and enjoyed the quiet - still had a laugh with another couple we met at the hotel, and did a few excursions which were fun... but I'd been to Gran Canaria when I was a bit younger and this was much quieter than that
angelstar11 Posts: 245
Been there twice and its the only "sun holiday" destination that I would go back to. Stayed in Corralejo both times, you have to go out to the big beach and Sand Dunes, No overcrowding during the day and lovely spot at night, Can be chilly at nite time due to the windy climate!
[quote="aperture77":224ji6at]Been there twice and its the only "sun holiday" destination that I would go back to. Stayed in Corralejo both times, you have to go out to the big beach and Sand Dunes, No overcrowding during the day and lovely spot at night, Can be chilly at nite time due to the windy climate![/quote:224ji6at] o thanks for all your replies, yeah i was looking at some photos of the sand dunes and big beach def take a trip out there, are the two near each other and do you just get a taxi there LOL