Hiccups!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luckylass1 Posts: 477
Think bambino is hiccuping!! So funny! Can just imagine him in my belly hiccuping away! Cuteness! Is it a good sign for digestion for baby or just one of those things!
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I read that it's actually the baby practicing breathing so it is a good sign. When I was pregnant with DS he would get the hiccups around the same time every evening and he did it as well most days for the first few weeks after he was born as well! It's so funny when the baby gets bigger to watch your tummy jumping! :) Enjoy!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I read that they drink so much amniotic fluid that it makes them hiccup. My baby was hiccupping loads a few weeks ago, about 5 times a day for a few minutes at a time. It was mental and was keeping me awake! I'll miss it when the feeling is gone.
Dr of love Posts: 425
Aw cute! How far along are you luckylass?
luckylass1 Posts: 477
I'm on my 30 th week! It's my first so all is new!
CestMoi Posts: 2162
DS used to hiccup the whole time like that. I found it kinda annoying near the end with his head down. I remember my mums dog sitting on my knee during a bout of them. He was trying to ignore what was happening, maybe he thought it was me! After DS was born we were sitting on the ward listening to the physio telling us how to start exercising, and DS was sitting there hiccuping away, really loudly too. :o0
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Aw I miss my bump!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="Mari yay":172qr8ky]Aw I miss my bump![/quote:172qr8ky] Do ya? I did wonder if you new Mammies would miss it. My friend said that after her little girl was born she used to rub her belly and then get a bit sad cos her baby wasn't there anymore! But surely the cuddles are better?
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="Sassypants":1ejmagn1][quote="Mari yay":1ejmagn1]Aw I miss my bump![/quote:1ejmagn1] Do ya? I did wonder if you new Mammies would miss it. My friend said that after her little girl was born she used to rub her belly and then get a bit sad cos her baby wasn't there anymore! But surely the cuddles are better?[/quote:1ejmagn1] Yeah I do sometimes miss it (not when getting in and out of the shower easily and when I can see my toes...!) but the cuddles are lovely too :lvs but when its a bump you get it all to yourself!