High Heels

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

steen Posts: 1335
Girls - whats the story with wearing high heels when pregnant? I always wear very high heels in and out of the office and I know if I stop people will get ideas straight away. Am I okay until the 12 week mark?
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
Keep wearing your high heels if you're used to it! Unless they're stupidly high and are a trip hazard!! :wv
steen Posts: 1335
Thanks, I wear high Dune and Aldo type shoes but I have been wearing them for so long they feel like flats to me :-8 I read that you shouldnt wear heels during pregancy but wasnt sure at what stage you could if any. :wv
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Only reason i can't wear them is my feet don't fit into them anymore :o0 I'm only 5ft and look like a dwarf in my flats :o0
Toots12 Posts: 894
it's fine for the early weeks - it's really only when your bump starts to get big and your centre of gravity shifts that it becomes a problem :o0
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
As far as I can see the issue with heels and pregnancy is a balance one! As your bump gets bigger it changes your centre of gravity or some such thing and can make it easy to topple over and have accidents! I do find that I'm not as steady as I was before! Even in my runners! I have worn heels though on a few occassions throughout the pregnancy but they were low ones! Am not a big heels person anyway though!
tanyababy. Posts: 511
theres always loads of celebs on the red carpet wearing heels eg christina aguilera so I wouldnt think there is a big problem unless there is a risk of falling over. I hope Ill be able to wear heels for as long as possible
mcglick Posts: 463
oh god i miss my sky scrapers! I havent worn them since i was about 8 weeks gone, back is sore enough as it is!