High Heels

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

andypandy28 Posts: 553
Right girls, LOVE shoes: l always have done. On my last pregnancy my feet got that big I could only wear ugly flats, but this time I have put on hardly any weight and I think I look rather well :-8 . I got new shoes last week on my birthday and have wore them into work, I sit all day btw. My bosses ( its a family run company) have been commenting that they are far too big for a pregnant woman etc and I should be ashamed of myself wearing shoes like that. One of my female colleges has was even told that my shoes are far too high even for a person who is not pregnant and they wouldn’t care if I came into work in trackie bottoms. They are obsessed with my feet, seriously. You would think I was a baby killer or something the looks im getting, like im shooting up heroin or something. Is it so wrong to wear high heels?
Daff Posts: 11644
Oh my God, how dare they! I'd be furious!!! I don't wear heels (I'm tall enough without them and have big feet that hurt in heels) but how dare anyone tell you what you can or can't wear while pregnant - it's none of their business! I'd tell them to mind their own beeswax in future. Technically I don't think it's recommended to wear them (something to do with easily injuring ourselves, and also the tilt of the belly and stress on our back), but if you feel comfortable then do what you feel is best.
Oh my God, how dare they! I'd be furious!!! I don't wear heels (I'm tall enough without them and have big feet that hurt in heels) but how dare anyone tell you what you can or can't wear while pregnant - it's none of their business! I'd tell them to mind their own beeswax in future. Technically I don't think it's recommended to wear them (something to do with easily injuring ourselves, and also the tilt of the belly and stress on our back), but if you feel comfortable then do what you feel is best.
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
AP, I would have to be really cheeky with someone who made a comment to me like that, especially a serios comment. I bought a pair of shoes in Dune for my birthday last week, with 4" heels, and everyone commented how good they looked. I also got gifts of 3 pairs of Christian Louboutins, all higher than 4" heels, and, if I have to, I'll even be doing the hoovering in them, I love them so much. I was the same as you, when pregnant on DS I ballooned, and could only wear flip flop wedges, yuk!. I'm taking advantage of still being able to wear heels now. I LOVE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
oh god this does my head in. i wore heels in work right up to a couple of weeks ago when i gave in and just wore flip flops, but the amount of comments i got about wearing them (all from women) - so annoying! i wouldn't be wearing them if they weren't comfortable. I wish people would just keep their opinions to themselves!
[quote=" I also got gifts of 3 pairs of Christian Louboutins, all higher than 4" heels, and, if I have to, I'll even be doing the hoovering in them, I love them so much. quote] If i got gifts like that I'd definately wear heels more often!!! :o0
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
[quote="daffodil bride":3nrw08v2][quote=" I also got gifts of 3 pairs of Christian Louboutins, all higher than 4" heels, and, if I have to, I'll even be doing the hoovering in them, I love them so much. quote] If i got gifts like that I'd definately wear heels more often!!! :o0[/quote][/quote:3nrw08v2] :o0 :o0 They were a total surprise, one from my mam, one from DH and one from my friends who chipped in together. I think they all just wanted to shut me up cos I talk about Louboutins so much, I always wanted a pair. I have to add that it was my 30th. Any other birthday and I probably would have got 3 boxes of milk tray :o0 :o0 :o0