High sugar levels at 30 weeks pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lellikelly Posts: 891
Hi girls, had to do a gluscose test last week because of Family history of Diabetes, thought this was gonna be such a waste of time that everything would come back perfect but i got a call yesterday from hospital to say one of my reading was slightly high :eek Am not overweight or never have been and i eat healthy enough, so am kinda freeking out now, does this effect my baby?? How can i get my sugar levels back to normal? Dr has booked me in for a apointment with a dietitian for next week but until then is there anything i can be doing myself? Has this happened to anyone else and baby is borb perfectly normal? Thanks
kittysue Posts: 1016
Try and cut out bars and biscuits with your tea and coffee. Avoid sweeties if at all possible and I suppose cakes and stuff like that. I was shocked when I was told I had Gest. Diab. but luckily I'm just watching my diet only. The Nurse told me it would only affect the baby in that it would be a big baby at birth if my sugars continued to be high. Make a note of your questions that you want to ask the dietitian...