Highlights when pregnant ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

03Sept05 Posts: 26
Hi girls, I am 8 weeks pregnant and have appointment later on this evening to get my hair done. Usually get foil highlights. Is it ok for me to get highlights now that I'm pregnant. Just want to me so sure because will not bother getting them done if there is any kind of risk involved. Advice would be greatly appreciated.
mammybean Posts: 10364
I was told not too cos the colour gets into the blood stream and therefor can effect the baby
miss sixty Posts: 467
Well I had highlights done at 6 weeks with DS and they were literally stuck to my hair and no amount of colour would take to the hair that was done..........they eventually grew out! My hair stylist still talks about that!
bellabella Posts: 2750
My sil got highlight done at 16 weeks pregnant and the baby died a few days later. She never forgave herself she is convinced the hightlights were to blame. I am not saying it was and i dont know if theres any research about this.Just think wisely about your choice. Maybe get henna ones
Ducky Posts: 2506
I've coloured and highlighted my hair three times since I found out I was pg, with no problems whatsoever.
03Sept05 Posts: 26
Hi everyone Thanks for your replies. I think I'm going to err on the side of caution and just get wash, trim & blowdry.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
[quote="bellabella":1cqqo0ln]My sil got highlight done at 16 weeks pregnant and the baby died a few days later. She never forgave herself she is convinced the hightlights were to blame. I am not saying it was and i dont know if theres any research about this.Just think wisely about your choice. Maybe get henna ones[/quote:1cqqo0ln] god thats terrible poor girl
Yummy Mummy Posts: 138
oh my god, i never paid much attention to that, thought it was a load of rubbish got my highlights done on Saturday and am 8 weeks pregnant,
Yummy Mummy Posts: 138
Just been told if you get easi meche its fine as its not going near the root, dont know how true that is ???
SoExcited Posts: 204
Girls, I was back at the doctor yesterday and specifically asked the midwife this question and she said there was no problem at all getting highlights - she just said to make sure to mention it to the hairdresser - but there was no reason not to get them done. Have an appointment next weekend to get mine done. SoExcited.