Hilarious - on Newstalk yesterday

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
A reporter went to Enniscorthy in Wexford (where me mammy is from, so I'm not mocking anyone >:o) ) to ask the public what they thought of Bertie and the whole tribunal fiasco. He was talking to this woman and this is what she said in her thick (very cool) Enniscorthy accent: "Ah sher god, I never liked him anyway....no...no." Reporter asks "why not" "God I remember when Mother Theresa died....do you remember that Mary......and he never gave us the day off. We wanted to mourn her and he never even gave us the day off......that was terrible Mary wasn't it. Classic Irish radio! :o0 :o0
Shin Posts: 8515
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Dreamster Posts: 6620
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
dreamer Posts: 3941
Classic!! Ah the good old Enniscorthy accent! Don't you just love it??
survivor Posts: 2507
Ah bless :o0 How did the presentation go last week Madgie?
pricilla Posts: 1564
Classic. Did you ever hear that radio show and they were asking where people would like to be buried and they asked some guy "Where would you like to be buried?" And he said "[b:2ircpr6v]up to my balls in Bibi Baskin[/b:2ircpr6v]" :o0
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="dreamer":2h52jgzq]Classic!! Ah the good old Enniscorthy accent! Don't you just love it??[/quote:2h52jgzq] Yep I sure do. :o0 :o0 :o0 Had it all my life. *)
I just ADOOORE the Enniscorthy accent....my mother's is nearly gone now, she's been living out of there for so long, but I could listen to my aunts and my cousins all day long. "Dats quare good da' is" :lvs Survivor, the presentation was cancelled! :o)ll But it probably will be on again over the next couple of weeks.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="Madgie":19bs1t6t]I just ADOOORE the Enniscorthy accent....my mother's is nearly gone now, she's been living out of there for so long, but I could listen to my aunts and my cousins all day long. [b:19bs1t6t]"Dats quare good da' is"[/b:19bs1t6t] :lvs Survivor, the presentation was cancelled! :o)ll But it probably will be on again over the next couple of weeks.[/quote:19bs1t6t] :o0 :o0 :o0 Never thought I sounded like that but since all my family and h2b family are from Enniscorthy we must all sound like that. Ah well theres a lot worse I guess.
[quote="lucky bride":2bfmae45][quote="Madgie":2bfmae45]I just ADOOORE the Enniscorthy accent....my mother's is nearly gone now, she's been living out of there for so long, but I could listen to my aunts and my cousins all day long. [b:2bfmae45]"Dats quare good da' is"[/b:2bfmae45] :lvs Survivor, the presentation was cancelled! :o)ll But it probably will be on again over the next couple of weeks.[/quote:2bfmae45] :o0 :o0 :o0 Never thought I sounded like that but since all my family and h2b family are from Enniscorthy we must all sound like that. Ah well theres a lot worse I guess.[/quote:2bfmae45] I think its brilliant!! When I was growing up I wanted to be from there so I'd talk like my cousins. Sometimes I find if I'm down there for a few days, I can here a bit of it coming into my accent. I suppose I'd find it easy enough to pick it up anyway listening to my mother....or maybe I just do it on purpose! *)