Hives :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redroses Posts: 714
Hi girls, in the last 4 days ive developed hives, ive 8painful but itchy ones on one leg and 11 on the other, they are fairly big welts. Ive a few on my tummy and 2 on my back. They are so annoying, itchy and sometimes sore. Ive been using calamine lotion but to no avail. Anyone else suffer with hives during pregnancy? Any good safe treatment or should i be worried? Thanks
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I broke out in hives in early pregnancy as well and in some really random places! I asked my doctor about it and she said that Anthisan cream is safe to use. You can get it over the counter at any chemist.
Thanks for that, i will try it and hopefully it will give some relief!
dreamer Posts: 3941
I feel your pain redroses! Am just coming to the end of mine. All on my lower legs - I used tea tree cream. Not sure if you are supposed to but it seemed to help! Unfortunately I scratched the hell out of one of them in bed and made my selfbleed and have big ugly scab on my leg now! (lovely!)
rocj Posts: 799
I have them on my legs and they are so itchy im like someone with fleas cause i keep scratching them.
They really are rotten and so irriating. Ive been using the anthisan cream and its helping the older ones but ive a load of new one yesterday and today and its not helping on them. I was begining tot hink it was something i was eating as ive never had hives before but ive been reassured its just the extra hormones ,as with everything else hormones are to blame O:| Hope we all get some relief soon.
lolly2010 Posts: 707