Holiday abroad at 27 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunnyside Posts: 3164
Thinking of booking a holiday around July time- was thinking Croatia- am I mad?? Obviously I'd be careful in the sun etc but other than that would it be ok to travel at that stage.
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
I think you'll be within the safe weeks to travel but should probably check with your GP and airlines before booking.
love struck Posts: 1125
sunnyside You will be fine to fly... I am 27 weeks now and if I had a foreign holiday booked I would be fine to go :o0... I am not too big... However make sure its not too warm as this may cause swelling I have none at the moment but I do overheat very easily. I am due to fly when I am 32 weeks, but have decided I will be massive by then so hubbie is going by himself.. Spoke to teh doctor and he said I could fly... But due to an operation in my early pregnany I just dont feel like it so the doctor is going to sign my ins form for the holiday.. So I cant see any reason why you cant fly at 27 weeks!!
bonita Posts: 1678
Hi - I just got back from hols on Saturday & I am 27 weeks today. I had a brilliant time & so needed the break away. It was differnt being on holidays pregnant, you dont just have to be careful about the sun its also food and diff things. I went to Marbella & I go there all the time so I felt a bit safer being familiar with the food, restaurants everything. Pack for comfort.
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Hi we are off on hols in three weeks and I'll be 28 weeks going and 30 coming back, doc said no problem going once I feel ok and babs is doing ok. Can't wait to be honest am dying for a bit of sun, and where we are going is nice and warm but not too hot, its the overheating u have to watch for rather than the sun !!! This time 3 1/2 weeks I'll be sunning myself !!!! :o)ll :o)ll
sunnyside Posts: 3164
Right then I'm going- if you insist!!