HOliday in Roundstone

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happilymarried2010 Posts: 493
hi all, we are thinking of taking a holiday home in Roundstone in Galway for a week in August. just wondering if anyone has been there or can recommend a house etc. we love Connemara but dont want to book a house online & find its miles from teh sea etc. any help on restaurants, things to do etc woudl be just fabby O-O O-O :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk
peonybaby Posts: 299
This is not a very helpful post frome me as I havent stayed there since I was 12 so unfort cant tell you much but just had to say its one of my most favorite places in the world! You cant beat the view across the harbour, just beautiful.
happilymarried2010 Posts: 493
:thnk that is helpful thank you
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Oh GOD I love Roundstone!! It is heaven, we used to go there all the time when I was small. Can't be of any real help on adresses, because it has been years since I went there. But Google Maps is a brilliant way of finding this stuff out! Just stick the adress in and zoom in as far as you can. Not too many places in Roundstone are far from the sea though. Promise me one thing - you WILL go here: Fabulous fabulous fabulous food, excellent atmosphere. Oh and go and walk along Dog's Bay. And visit Kylemore Abbey. And Ballinahinch Castle. Awwwwww man - can I come??