Holiday Pay after Maternity Leave....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

charlie19 Posts: 65
Hi Girls, I should explain to ye firstly that my little man is 8 months old, and im currently on my unpaid maternity leave. Im due back to work in November however we have decided that its not going to be worth my while. While off work i got my maternity pay, and work did NOT pay me any more, im just wondering if any of ye girls would know if work are to pay me my holiday pay that would be owed from last 8 months as technically maternity is classed as work and im still seen as putting up a stamp iykwim. I have also lost the contract work gave me when i started so i dont even have that to look through. They also made me permanent before i went on maternity leave. Thanks for ye'r answers..
Anonymous Posts: 24542
See http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... nity_leave [quote:2q4swbuy]You are entitled to leave for any public holidays that occur during your maternity leave (including additional maternity leave). The right of employees to leave for public holidays is set down in Section 21 of the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997. Time spent on maternity leave (including additional maternity leave) is treated as though you have been in employment, and this time can be used to accumulate annual leave and public holiday entitlement[/quote:2q4swbuy]
charlie19 Posts: 65
Thanks Ditz forgive my laziness at the moment, got one hand on computer and the other cuddling my DS who is teething that the moment. Thanks...