Menu

Holidays are coming.... Holidays are Coming

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Big Posts: 919
Tis the Season.......... Anyone else get a warm tingly feeling when the see the Coca Cola Christmas ad? :lvs
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Not as much as the old "Penney's, got a whole lot of things for Christmas" etc. The Coke ad with the weird Santa freaks me out.
Looney07 Posts: 2393
I love that add and the old penny's one too.
Mrs Big Posts: 919
Loved the Penneys animation with the Little Boy.... wonder why they dont advertise any more. Love the Budweiser one with the Horses.... and nearer to Christmas the Guinness add with the snow showing the brewery closed..... Fantastic
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Love love love when the coke ads start, but this years new ones aren't as good as they used to be - a bit weird.
[quote="Pink Diamond":nktvnmmu]and nearer to Christmas the Guinness add with the snow showing the brewery closed..... Fantastic[/quote:nktvnmmu] That is one of the MOST evocative ads ever. It almost makes me well-up!
Service Finder
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote="TokenMale":1ogzrpfa]Not as much as the old "Penney's, got a whole lot of things for Christmas" etc. The Coke ad with the weird Santa freaks me out.[/quote:1ogzrpfa] I can't think of that Penny's ad anymore, without singing "Ceauşescu, got a hole in his head for Christmas, and so did his family"...
[quote="Heflen":ilfhmvcf][quote="TokenMale":ilfhmvcf]Not as much as the old "Penney's, got a whole lot of things for Christmas" etc. The Coke ad with the weird Santa freaks me out.[/quote:ilfhmvcf] I can't think of that Penny's ad anymore, without singing "Ceauşescu, got a hole in his head for Christmas, and so did his family"...[/quote:ilfhmvcf] That's a new one on me, Heflen. I like it!! How have you been, by the way? Haven't seen you round these parts in a while.
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote="TokenMale":2kx71php][quote="Heflen":2kx71php][quote="TokenMale":2kx71php]Not as much as the old "Penney's, got a whole lot of things for Christmas" etc. The Coke ad with the weird Santa freaks me out.[/quote:2kx71php] I can't think of that Penny's ad anymore, without singing "Ceauşescu, got a hole in his head for Christmas, and so did his family"...[/quote:2kx71php] That's a new one on me, Heflen. I like it!! How have you been, by the way? Haven't seen you round these parts in a while.[/quote:2kx71php] Can't believe you've never heard that before - it was all the rage in late '89 I've been better tbph - I've been nursing a bit of a broken heart that you never came back over....I've given up texting :( Whats the story with yer one Maisiel - is she a bit funny in the head?
[quote="Heflen":1fgvuu8a] I've been better tbph - I've been nursing a bit of a broken heart that you never came back over....I've given up texting :( [/quote:1fgvuu8a] As I said in my previous message, I've been missing you round my parts. [quote="Heflen":1fgvuu8a] Whats the story with yer one Maisiel - is she a bit funny in the head?[/quote:1fgvuu8a] Who? We've had our fair share of strange ones lately, but I haven't come across Maisiel yet.