Holidays in Croatia

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

loup Posts: 6
Hi all My hubbie & I are going to Croatia in Sept for 2 weeks I have booked the flights but am very confused about where we should visit we dont want to do too much travelling as dont want to come home wrecked! Was thinking of staying in Old Town Dubrovick for first week doing day tips to various islands and then the 2nd week in either Hvar or Cavtat. If anyone has any experience of this destination I would appreciate any advise I am looking for reasonable self catering accommodation but finding it hard to find any apartments that have a pool on the complex. There is alot of discussion in honeymoon section but we are on budget this time...honeymoon all over unfortunately!! Apologies for the long post!!
QueenofDiamonds Posts: 282
I spent just a week in Croatia 4 years ago when it was just taking off again. We stayed at Villa Antea in Lapad which was nice and quite a 15 mins bus ride from the old town and had fab scenic views of the islands, mountains and harbour. Don't think it would be suitable for you as they have no pool but to be honest it really did not bother us as the beach was only a 20 mins walk and we were just using it as a base. I believe since we last stayed there has been building in front of apartments which may have hindered views. Make sure to visit Lokrum the little island beside the old town. Do pack a picnic with you. It is really a lovely place to spend a few hours and watch out for the peacocks. If you climb to the top of the hill on Lokrum there is a castle type building which you can climb and get fab views of the Old City walls. Walk the City walls. We did it early and we were not tripping up over anyone. The old town is just lovely to explore and relax in. There are also lovely gardens in Tresteno a few miles from Dubrovnik. We rented a car when there so we ended up driving down to Korcula, en route we stopped in Ston & MaliSton. We had beautiful seafood in Mali Ston. Very romantic watching the few local fishermen bringing in their catch. You should have a great choice of apartments as you have booked your flights seperately. I have seen some on websites. Do have a look at the trip advisor Croatia forum. You will get great tips there as well. *)
Senorita Posts: 3413
Hi there, Take a look at the website - it's a brill holiday forum, that's got lots of information. And as QueenofDiamonds said, is also a great site. Best of luck, I've heard so many good reports on Croatia, it's on our "to do" list. Enjoy.