Holidays & maternity leave

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BONSER Posts: 82
Tell me ladies, if I am due to go on maternity leave in July, does that mean I still have my whole years holidays to use up before I leave, do you still get your full entitlement??
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Bonser, I was wondering the samething. I'm hoping that I can keep most of my holidays, and combine them with my maternity leave. BTW, can somebody confirm to me after March will it be 24 weeks?
Charmed 2 Posts: 56
From March Mat Leave will be 26 weeks plus 16 unpaid if want to take. Mat benifit is €280 from March also. As for hols you are entitled to full year hols and bank hols so you can add on at end of mat leave or take before or whatever you agree with employer.
Fantastic thanks charmed :o)ll
sunnyside Posts: 3164
This might seem like a silly question but when people say maternity benefit is €280 per week or whatever it is does that mean that you get €280 each week regardless of what you normally earn? If you are in a job that pays more than that per week do you get what you normally earn each week?
As far as I know you get full pay from your employer minus the maternity benefit
sunnyside Posts: 3164
thanks tigletts
Charmed 2 Posts: 56
€280 is the max the state pay( threshold for earnings €350 by 80% is €280 thats what state pay, Employer do not have to pay anything, some don't like mine so I will be living on the €280 per week. I know civil service does pay but it depends on company policy unfortunately. Mat benifit is not taxable so if not being paid should think of transfering some credits or standard rate cut off to hubby,
lucylou07 Posts: 560
From citizensinformation.ie [quote:2q5zns05]Annual leave is not affected by other leave provided for by law. Time spent on maternity leave, adoptive leave and parental leave (but not additional leave) is treated as though you have been in employment and this time can be used to accumulate annual leave entitlement. [/quote:2q5zns05]