Holidays while on unpaid leave

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mauritius Bride Posts: 8
I think i will take the full 16 weeks unpaid leave but i just wanted to check how holidays work if you are on unpaid leave. Are you still entitled to your full annual leave or do you only get holidays for the period you are on paid maternity leave and working during the year you take unpaid leave?
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
Hiya. Yes you are still entitled to accrue your annual leave while on the 16 weeks unpaid leave as it is still part of your maternity leave.
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Hi there, I posted this recently - hope this helps :wv [quote="sherbetlemon":27bxgd9d] Just for your info, I contacted Citizens Information and the Equality Authority and you are entitled to all public holidays and annual leave if you are taking up to 16 weeks additional unpaid leave. My employer were trying to tell me I was not entitled to the May/June/August bank holidays next year as I'll be on additional leave then. Just in case this happens to you, information is available within the below booklet - which you can give to your HR Dept and then they won't have a leg to stand on!! [/quote:27bxgd9d][/quote]