holles st 1st and only visit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

firefly78 Posts: 312
I am having my 20 week scan on Monday and just wondering what I should be asking as this is the only time I will be going there apart from the labour itself as they are choc a block with appointments so I go to Loughlinstown instead and my GP. Can I ask about birth plans/pain killers/gas etc. will they ahve time to take my questions? So I ask if I can see the labour ward? Where do I park as I know it is limited round there? What should I be asking about? thanks & sorry for all the qs.
firefly78 Posts: 312
bump!
alton Posts: 3077
I attend the SP clinic in Holles St, where I see my consultant. For the scan you are in a different part of the hospital and the person that you see is really just there to do the scan. I would imagine that questions on your birthplan, pain relief might be better directed at the person you see at Loughlinstown or your GP. Is it a midwife that you see at loughlinstown? Under the circumstances you should ring and ask if it will be possible to visit the labour ward - I honestly don't know if they have a policy on that. Are you going to do antenatal classes at the hospital? I know a labour ward visit is included in that. Parking probably won't be a problem to find...only to pay for :o0 There are usually spaces around the park opposite the hospital. The scan is a lovely experience, I hope you enjoy it. Remember that they have to take a lot of data and measurements and if baby is moving it can be tricky for them to get some of them. So if the person doing the scan looks like s/he's really concentrating hard, don't jump to the conclusion that there is something terrible wrong!! Oh and you don't need a full bladder for this scan!!!!!