Holles St 1st Appointment - SP

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

everhopeful Posts: 76
What happens at a first appointment with Holles Street in the Semi Private clinic? Is there any chance they'd scan me? Just wondering if DH needs to bother taking the morning off or not...
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
Hi there, congrats on your bfp! No they won't scan you at your first HS semi-private appointment. All it is is blood tests really and a midwife will go through a detailed medical history so no I would say there's no need for your DH to go with you (unless you want him to of course!). I had my first appointment with them at 10 weeks but I wasn't scanned until my first consultants visit which if I remember correctly was at 16 weeks. I was scanned at every single consultants visit after that - which in my experience is the HUGE benefit of going semi-private instead of public.
everhopeful Posts: 76
Thanks a million for the reply! I had a feeling they wouldn't scan me, but thought I'd check, just in case. I think he'd feel very left out if I had a scan and he wasn't there :o0
secretsnuggler Posts: 374
[quote="MissDiamonds":214l8y37]Hi there, congrats on your bfp! No they won't scan you at your first HS semi-private appointment. All it is is blood tests really and a midwife will go through a detailed medical history so no I would say there's no need for your DH to go with you (unless you want him to of course!). I had my first appointment with them at 10 weeks but I wasn't scanned until my first consultants visit which if I remember correctly was at 16 weeks. I was scanned at every single consultants visit after that - which in my experience is the HUGE benefit of going semi-private instead of public.[/quote:214l8y37] +1 ... nothing of interest will happen on this visit!! Bring him, or a book, to pass the time while you wait :o0 , and make sure no-one skips you in the queue, it was a bit crazy when I was in there in early 2010!