Holles St. - Consultant recommendtations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrscat Posts: 1082
My GP recommended Dr. Steve Carroll or Dr. Orla Shiel in Holles St., does anyone have any experience of either of these consultants? thanks
may2008 Posts: 455
Sorry don't have experience of either of these but i went under Dr Boylan when i had my son last year and he was absolutely brilliant. he was v friendly and being my first i had tons of questions. he always answered them no prob and i never felt like he was rushing me out the door.
thanks for the feedback may2008, good to hear in general about Holles St.
agie Posts: 1107
Hi mrscat, im going private in holles street aswell, under Dr McParland - he is fantastic as im sure they all are!
thanks a mil agie, I am wondering would I prefer to go with a man/woman, but perhaps this isn't so much of an issue. App Dr. Carroll is very laid back which I would like.
Sassy Posts: 2269
I heard the same about Dr Carroll. My sister inlaw is going to him and has found him really nice.
excellent Sassy, thanks a mil for that feedback, I think I'll go with him.
shocked22 Posts: 511
Mrscat, I'm attending Stephen Carroll and he's lovely. Have nothing but good to say about him. I attended Orla Sheils years ago for gynae problems and thought she was scary!!! I was only young but that's my lasting memory!! Highly recommend Stephen.
thanks a mil shocked22, interesting, my GP was full of praise for Dr. Carroll and didn't seem to be so emphatic at all about Dr. Shiel. Best of luck to you.
newyearbabs Posts: 686
[quote="shocked22":1sgw36jc] I attended Orla Sheils years ago for gynae problems and thought she was scary!!! .[/quote:1sgw36jc] Me too she was horrible very matter of fact and clinical. It was for gynae prob as well maybe she's different for pg