holles street consultants

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride0807 Posts: 203
hi, has anyone got any recommmendations for the consultants in Holles Street? Thanks
Barbalou Posts: 1617
They're all very good. I'm currently with Boylen as he looked after me after my ectopic and I found him great. I transferred from McParland but that's because I liked the way Boylan looked after me and I found I could really talk to him Declan Keane very professional and a great doctor, tends to ignore partners though. Prof. Fionnuala McAuliffe very very nice and very through Prof. Colm O'Herlihy again nice but think he's retiring Dr McParland - Very very popular and very good. Barbs..
alton Posts: 3077
I'm with Stephen Carroll - nice man, very brisk and efficient but very kind too. And he has such warm hands that I wasn't convinced he was a real doctor :o0
Barbara Ann Posts: 1032
I'm with Dr. Robson. At the moment he is the master in the hospital and really looked after my sister in law when she had her last baby. What put me off with some of the Consultants was that they weren't actually based in Holles street for your visits so you had to go to Blackrock for your visits. It was handier for me to go direct to Holles Street for my visits. Dr. Robson is a quiet man but very nice and I get a scan on each visit. Best of luck with your decision. :wv
Toots12 Posts: 894
Dr McParland - can't praise the man enough, I really liked him. He doesn't say a whole lot unless you ask him questions, but he was brilliant all the way through my pregnancy, and also during the complications prior to birth
leanbh1 Posts: 473
Loving Dr Keane I have to say.I was recommended him on here and I dont regret my choice.Don't agree with previous poster re ignoring partner.He always includes mine on visits.Thats my personal experience anyway. There's a post here on him
neddie Posts: 580
[quote="leanbh1":1mtt836m]Loving Dr Keane I have to say.I was recommended him on here and I dont regret my choice.Don't agree with previous poster re ignoring partner.He always includes mine on visits.Thats my personal experience anyway. There's a post here on him [/quote:1mtt836m] That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback. I've just booked myself in with Dr Keane too. Unfortunately, first appointment not until Jan which will have me at 16 weeks so I'm going to go for a private one beforehand.
under construction Posts: 3458
I went with Dr McParland aswell. Such a nice man, and as another poster said doesn't talk much, but will answer any questions you have to ask.
Diddums Posts: 204
Alton - I see your due date is nearly here ! Best of luck. Just wondering whether you went private with Stephen Carroll ? I have my first apt with him in December and am just wondering what to expect. Does he do a scan at the first apt ? I will be 12 weeks at that point.
Finished here Posts: 2860
Diddums I have my first appt with Dr CArroll in DEcember too and they said he would probably scan me for dates as my lmp was Aug 24th but i told them i probably didn't conceive until sept 26th so it sounded like it wasn't the norm. They gave me the big scan date at the same time which is the end january. HTH