Holles Street or Coombe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fluffybaby Posts: 174
Hi ladies, Had my DS in Holles Str and didn't enjoy the post natal care so decided I would go with the Coombe this time because I can do Domino with them - however - coombe seems to be so busy that I won't get my "12 week" scan and booking appt til I am 17 wks. Anyone any info on holles str public at the moment? When do you get your first visit there? Thanks!!
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
Holles street you don't get a 12 week scan. I'm with Holles St Domino, so I'm not sure if it's a bit different. Had appointment at 12 weeks (no scan), scan at about 20-21 weeks, then back in the hospital at 24ish weeks. GP appointments in between (combined care).
reine Posts: 1771
whoop whoop, I don't know why you didn't get a scan. I got one at 12 weeks there with Dr.Keane. Am public. I have been in a few times with bleeds and have had a scan each time too. Was in today for 20 wk appt and even though I'm having my anomaly scan on Thurs, I still had a mini scan today. I have really found them to be excellent in there!
gopro Posts: 1801
I got a scan in the Coombe at my 12 week app which was 10 weeks ring and ask for a sooner app I went with consultant lead public
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
[quote="reine":14ijf9bh]whoop whoop, I don't know why you didn't get a scan. I got one at 12 weeks there with Dr.Keane. Am public. I have been in a few times with bleeds and have had a scan each time too. Was in today for 20 wk appt and even though I'm having my anomaly scan on Thurs, I still had a mini scan today. I have really found them to be excellent in there![/quote:14ijf9bh] Maybe because I'm with Domino? (my 12 week appointment was in Dun Laoghaire, not actually in HS). Although I did actually think it was standard to only get the 20 week one unless something is wrong. But there ya go!
reine Posts: 1771
Ah that's a pity whoop whoop. If you'd been in the hospital that day, you would have been scanned. The domino scheme is great though. I was out of the catchment area, so couldn't go for it, but handy for you that you can.
popcornlover Posts: 169
Fluffybaby I would double check with the coombe about that appointment. Same thing happened to me, I was given a booking appointment at 16/17 weeks. Couldnt understand why it was so late, I rang them up and they made a mistake with their dates and they gave me an appointment at 12 weeks instead. Best of luck with it all :wv
trying2hard Posts: 177
I'm going to the coombe and had a scan at 11+4. Public and mid wife led scheme.
fluffybaby Posts: 174
Thanks for all your views ladies, will phone Coombe to see if they can change appts and go from there I suppose!
Tucker Posts: 29
Hi fluffy baby i was saying to u on another thread my appoint isn't til 15 weeks. i rang them and they said that's earliest they have. Ur just meant to get appoint before 20 weeks. Would u not book private scan and just stick with coombe?! I was raging about my appoint aswell.