Home Birth Conference 2013

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

HBAIreland Posts: 2
Home Birth Conference 2013 - Water birth in Ireland will take place at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, Clondalkin, Dublin 22 Sunday 21st April 9am-6pm Keynote Speaker Ethel Burns. Water birth Expert. A midwifery lecturer at Oxford Brookes University, UK., Ethel has a particular fascination for the underpinning evidence-based practice relating to labour and birth. She has published widely in the areas of aromatherapy during labour and water birth. Ethel is active in clinical practice and works on midwifery related projects in different countries. Ethel will give two talks at the conference, both related to water birth. Other speakers include: Philomena Canning SECM, Birth couples, Midwives from midwifery-led care in Ireland and birth advocates. Early bird registration from €31, Registration on the day from €35. - Morning and Afternoon tea/coffee included - Fruit and toddler snacks included - Free Parking - Prize Raffle - Retail & Information stalls Please note in the interests of keeping costs down, the conference fee DOES NOT include lunch. Lunch options are available at the hotel and Joels restaurant just outside.the hotel. Early registration available on the website homebirth.ie Early registration closes 7 April. Hope to see you all there!
KenAdams Posts: 151
I would really like to go to this but €31-€35 for a ticket is quite expensive, I couldn't afford to pay that which is a shame, I would be quite interested in a water birth.
HBAIreland Posts: 2
So sorry to hear you feel the price is too high. All of us putting this together are volunteers, working for free, in order to promote home birth in Ireland, which we feel is important. Despite us working for free, there are still many costs in hosting a full day conference - hiring the hotel room, bringing a speaker over here, teas and coffees, etc - all of which add up and we need to cover. This year we have made lunch an optional extra specifically to keep the cost down. If you are interested in home birth and/or water birth, we hope that perhaps after some thought you may feel the cost is worth the day. We certainly hope so and would love to see you.