Home hair colouring

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happilymarried2010 Posts: 493
Just wondering if its safe to colour my hair at home. am 17 wks preg. :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :wv :wv :wv :wv
lincoln Posts: 387
Loads of threads on this and still no definitve answer! I bought a hair dye in the health shop "Naturtint" and I've been dyeing my hair. A consultant out of Holles Street said on TV that it is perfectly safe to dye your hair as your hair is dead and is growing out from your body. Alot of people opt for highlights as there is no contact with your scalp. The dye I got is like liquorice and no fumes - I'm happy to use it. It is a very personal choice as it's a grey area! (couldn't help it!)
happilymarried2010 Posts: 493
A grey area!!! love it thanks for your response :thnk :thnk
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I use the semi-permanent ones, waited till I was 12 weeks and then again at 24 weeks, its a lot longer than I'd normally leave it, but its the same colour as my own hair so I just really use it to brighten it up a bit and cover in a few greys at the back. I have dark hair btw! So its not as if I'm trying to stay blonde or anything. Like lincoln said some people will tell you not to at all, I use L'oreal and it has no ammonia. Hard to know but I think it is safe enough, especially when I will only do it about 3 times during the pregnancy.