home or foster home urgently needed for a little JRT

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Barbalou Posts: 1617
Hi All, I sincerly hope someone can help me. A little terrier that I know needs to be rehomed or fostered until a suitable home can be found ASAP. His name is Boxer. This is a small/standard size JRT. Black and White with a full chest queen anne legs and JRT head. He is friendly social and great around kids. He is 90% house trained, still needs a little work, sleeps outside and will only enter the house when invited. He would be suited to a family env. But not in a rural area. The dog is currently in a home with poultry and some farm animals near by. He's not suited to the rural env. If I can't find a home for him in the next two days he's going back to Ashtown pound and will more than likely be PTS :weep . He's such a fantastic little dog I'd hate to see it come to that. If you're interested or can help in any way please let me know!!! Barbs.. Sorry about posting across so many forums, but not everyone goes into Furry Friends.
2crazy Posts: 1478
hey unfortunately cannot take him in as i live in apartment but thought to suggest advertising on gumtree.ie. should get a few responses from there too
wishicouldelope Posts: 181
Hey Barbalou, have you had any luck re-homing him? Wish I could be more help.
LadyK Posts: 45
Hi Barbalou I would love to take him but H2B would kill me! we have a dog that we got last year from a rescue centre and one is enough of a handful. Can he be brought to a rescue home instead of the pound? Ash Animal Rescue wont put a healthy dog down, its a fantastic place. I really really hope someone can take the poor little fella but if not then I'd recommend ASH.. Let me know if you want their details - I think the website is ashanimalrescue.ie or .com, not sure which. Good luck Ladyk
sundance Posts: 147
Hi is this dog still available my sister has been looking for a Jack russel for her little girl and from what you say sounds ideal can you pm me to let me know.
Justnew Posts: 80
There was someone else on another forum looking for a dog recently also. Just be careful who you home him to a dog is for life!!