honan chapel parking

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babynumber1 Posts: 282
Hi Girls, just wondering anyone who got married or is getting married in UCC or was even at a wedding there where did ye park? almost all of our guests are coming from limerick and i am a bit worried about the parking around the college. as far as i know you cant park in any of the UCC carparks and even if you could they will prob be full. :eek
tsalta Posts: 329
Hi LIMKBABE We had booked to get married in the Honan but have now decided to get married nearer to home. One of the factors was the drive there and back and another factor, I'm sorry to say, was the lack of parking. From the paperwork sent to us by the Honan, the only car allowed into the grounds was the wedding car and everyone else had to park where ever they could. That said I was at a wedding there a few years ago and was able to park no problem - but I had gone to UCC so had an idea where to look. When is your wedding - maybe the students will be off which will make the parking easier... Sorry I haven't been much help with resolving the parking issue for you!
HI TSALTA thanks for the reply anyway. i have booked the honan chapel so i am going to go ahead with it anyway. the wedding is on the 11th of Sept next year. i think a lot of students will be back but things still wont be in full swing. i went to UCC myself so like you i have an idea about the parking just a bit worried now that some of the more difficult relations will be moaning about the lack of parking and maybe havin to walk a few mins from the car to the church. O:| having said that most people wont have a problem with it. i have to put directions ith the invitations anyway so i will prob just let them know that there are plenty of side streets they can park on! thanks
tsalta Posts: 329
It's a beautiful place to get married so you are right to go ahead with it. Can't imagine it'll be as busy around there in Sept. I'd love for us to have gotten married there but gave in more than anything else in the end. Absolutely stunning inside as well - don't mind anyone who gives out about the parking - it'll all work out on the day I'm sure! :wv
Rebelette Posts: 243
Some will get away with parking in Hayfiled Manor, and there is a car park at the corner, across form the college that costs 2euro an hour. None of the students will be there in september, so you'll prob have the majority of the car park for yourselves. You could always have guest park near fitzgeralds park and stroll over (if the weather is fine), and there is some on street parking around O' Doovans Road. HTH :wv
thats great i didnt know that the carpark at the corner was accessible without student card..should make things easier..
babydoc Posts: 313
I am also getting married in the Honan next year in May but on a saturday so hopefully parking wont be too bad. the car park at Perrotts Inch (Gaol Cross) is probably the most accessible for people as they just have to walk up the hill. Have also toyed with the idea of giving a bunch of parking discs to the usher to hand out for people parking on Donovans rd. Best of luck with the plans! :wv
Milly Filly Posts: 8
Hiya, I am getting married on the 25th September which falls on a Thursday. I asked about parking as college starts back that week on 22nd. (I did not realise that college starts that early in the year these days :eek It was October in my day!) I was told that guests could use the car parks or park and rides facilities but they are usually full in the morning and that street parking would be the best option for them. There is St. Finbarrs car park for those who like the excerise :o0 However, I am keeping my fingers crossed that first week of college term won't be that busy!! I have been to weddings on a Friday in the Honan and managed to get parking on campus. I included, with my invites, a map of the campus and surrounding area to show guests where parking is....so I hope that will help.
carlow Posts: 432
was at a wedding there last year, couple ran a bus from the hotel and most people left their cars there-might be an idea?
SURE IF THE STUDENTS ARENT BACK I SHOULD BE FINE. PARK AND RIDE IS A GOOD IDEA. MILLY FILLY WHERE DID YOU GET THE MAP YOU INCLUDED IN THE INVITES? I DID THINK ABOUT A BUS BUT THE RECEPTION IS ON IN GARRYVOE SO THE GUESTS WOULD HAVE TO BE THERE EARLY FROM LIMERICK TO BE ABLE TO GET THE BUS BACK INTO TOWN TO THE HONAN. I DONT THINK MOST OF THEM WOULD MAKE IT UP THAT EARLY AND THEN I DONT WANT TO HAVE A HALF EMPTY BUS PAID FOR..