Honest opinion on this boys name with our surname......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shiraz Posts: 770
Ok my hubby loves the name Charlie for a boy,I do like it alright but im just wondering does it go with our surname. Charlie Hoey. *) Does it sound like Charlie Haughey??? :o0 Let me know what you think! :lvs
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
I think you should choose the name if you both like it. :-8
bucketofchips Posts: 1913
I probably wouldn't have associated the two until you pointed it out. Now after saying it over and over in my head a few times - yes, unfortunately all I hear is Charlie Haughey :o0 :-8 Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear. But I'd just run with it if that's the name you both like, just don't mention the Haughey thing again to anyone.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I would never have made the connection with Charlie Haughey until you said it. And by the time your DS is at school no one will now who Charlie Haughey is. I love the name Charlie its so so cute
Barbalou Posts: 1617
Just wondering will his name be Charles (and shortened to Charlie) or Charlie. Being honest as long as you and your DH are happy with it stuff everyone elses opinion
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
I like it, and it reminds me of Charlie Haughey, but, come on there are worse people you could call a child after - aren't there? :o0 FP
Oh I do like the name :o0 Hope im not insulting Charlie Haughey fans :o0 You know the way people are though,they pick up on every thing,I dont want the poor child teased at school even though kids might not have a clue who Charlie Haughey was but the parents will!!! :o0 Thanks for the opinions.Btw it would just be Charlie...
kittysue Posts: 1016
If you like it go for it.... I actually was thinking of Charles for a boy....
justwaitin Posts: 2462
i love it, would nearly consider it, must ask dp about it later but wee nearly 99% on a boys name.
Thanks for all the replys!Yeah im going to say it to my husband later that I dont give a toss what people think,I still like the name! :lvs