Menu

Honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry.......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Betsy May Posts: 2168
Just wanted to share my little wedding trauma of the week..... I had lunch this week with a US colleague who I work very closely with and his wife who is really good fun joined us. She was asking all about the wedding and as we were walking back to our cars afterwards, she says "we'd love to come to your wedding but it does mean we'd have to take the girls (two of them under ten) out of school for a week to make the trip". A) I haven't invited this couple and wasn't planning to B) I certainly would not be inviting their children. I think I just stood there looking at her with my jaw on the floor. She ended with some statement like "so I am not sure it would work", thank God. I think I was in shock for a little while after that...this wedding planning is not good for my mental health.
Trixi Belle Posts: 55
The Cheek!! Maybe its a culture thing?? Stick to your list, maybe sa that its a very small family only wedding!! Def laugh at thid=s it ain't worth crying over I have over similar stuff and its just not worth it :wv
milis Posts: 7998
I'd be so embarrassed if I made comments like that to someone who wasn't planning to invite me to their wedding. I'd never put myself in that position, not a cultural thing, lots of Irish people have made comments to me aswell *)
Your right there are Irish people who make presumptions about being invited and presuming that their kids would be invited too, what are they thinking???!!!!
meeeeeow Posts: 1349
Eeek! :eek I have to say my jaw would hit the floor if that was said to me. Hopefully she rectified the situation with the last comment she made. Some people just don't think - don't worry about it too much :wv
Mrstobe10 Posts: 1793
Is no one else getting these comments - I am!! and I have no idea what to say... Im using the line the whole its a small wedding etc....... but Im crap at reacting.. :o(
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
My God, some people are soooo cheeky...do they think we have to invite the whole world and its mother!!
No I think that they just don't think!!
Belleboo Posts: 924
Oh morto - I met someone at the weekend I was hoping I'd get away with not asking but she told me she had it saved in her diary!! So I will ask her out of mortification!!!!!!!!!!!
Irish07 Posts: 725
OMG some day have some cheek! The American can be pretty straight forward but this is definitely OOT ....