Honeymoon-Australia & Thailand in August?.......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Victorious Posts: 122
Hi all! Im planning a honeymoon to Australia and Thailand in August. I know its not the best time of year to go but its the only time myself & H2B will get the chance! Has anyone been on their honeymoon there or plan on going? We only have 3 & half weeks including travel time (2weeks in Oz & 1 in Thailand). I know we're cutting it tight for time but if theres anyone out there who has any suggestions on how to work the east coast & Thailand in that travel time Id love to hear it!!! I Im thinking internal flights will have to do it in Oz but Im afraid of missing half the fun between places! Plan was to start in Cairns, work down coast and fly from Melbourne to Bangkok! Any good suggestions for luxury/fun in Thailand?? Thanks all! :thnk
Lolli Pops Posts: 175
Hi, We went to Australia/Thailand on our honeymoon last September. Sounds very like what you're gonna do. We went to Palm Cove (near Cairns), Ayers Rock, Fraser Island, Sydney, Brisbane & Thailand. Don't know how much detail you want so I'll tell ya what we did, let me know what ya want more detail on anything. We did all internal flights in Oz except the four hour drive you have to do from Brisbane to Fraser Island! At least you'll get an idea of how much time you will lose travelling. 26 days in total including day we left and day we came back. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! 5 nights sebel reef hotel in palm cove (near cairns) inc. daintree rainforest/cape tribulation tour, great barrier reef cruise with snorkling, visit to Kuranda 2 nights ayers rock inc. sunrise tour and climb 5 nights sydney inc. bridgeclimb, gold dinner cruise, blue mountains canyon & wildlife discovery 3 nights fraser island inc. adventure package 1 night Brisbane 5 nights Thailand - Bangkok & Chiang Mai :wv
Kaycee Posts: 2107
[quote="Victorious":3eo8if9a]Hi all! Im planning a honeymoon to Australia and Thailand in August. I know its not the best time of year to go but its the only time myself & H2B will get the chance! Has anyone been on their honeymoon there or plan on going? We only have 3 & half weeks including travel time (2weeks in Oz & 1 in Thailand). I know we're cutting it tight for time but if theres anyone out there who has any suggestions on how to work the east coast & Thailand in that travel time Id love to hear it!!! I Im thinking internal flights will have to do it in Oz but Im afraid of missing half the fun between places! Plan was to start in Cairns, work down coast and fly from Melbourne to Bangkok! Any good suggestions for luxury/fun in Thailand?? Thanks all! :thnk[/quote:3eo8if9a] not a bad time of year to go at all! stick to east coast thailand (samui - recommend tongsai bay or baan taling or six senses hideaway). You definitely don't have time to do cairns to melbourne in 2 weeks and I'd strongly recommend flying between places too if you've only 2 weeks. I'd recommend flying into Sydney (more flights there from Bangkok) spend just a couple of days there (youll be thankful once you get outside sydney as theres more fun to be had elsewhere!!) fly up to cairns, do kuranda, the reef and daintree/cape tribulation (takes about 3 full days) then fly to (or drive to) Prosperine or Hamilton Island and do the Whitsundays, takes about 2-3 days depending on whether you do a live aboard boat or stay in Hamilton then definitely fly down to Brisbane for Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Fraser Island, Australia Zoo, theme parks, Lamington National Park. Just bare in mind travel times and also jet lag when planning the trip especially if you haven't been that far before!
Kaycee Posts: 2107
I've lived in Melbourne too and its a fab city but in 2 weeks you'll have more fun in Queensland and Melbs will be freezing!
doone Posts: 503
we went to Thailand on hooneymoon and it was fab also went out of season (June) weather was lovely and it wasn't as busy and hotels are much cheaper ! This place was fab .. http://www.ppisland.com/