Menu

Honeymoon in Europe??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrslovebird Posts: 95
Hi Girls, I need some help!! We are doing a European honeymoon, spending a week in Algarve but want to go to maybe one or two European cities first mayb for 2 or 3 days each. Any ideas on where is nice and romantic? I am so stressed so much to do so little time!!! I need all the help and advice I can get! Cheers O-O
Chuckle Posts: 44
Really depends what you want but personally I love both Rome and Paris and don't think you can go wrong with either. And there's always Venice, which is definitely worth a visit, the locals can be a bit rude to tourists though.
mrslovebird Posts: 95
Yeah I like the sounds of Rome or Venice, we have never been. Just wondering how easy it will be to get flights from either to Algarve. Has anyone been to Lisbon?
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Not sure about flights from the Algarve but we're going to Prague for our honeymoon. VERY romantic and very reasonable too!
hurry2011 Posts: 281
[quote="Chuckle":335j4fvu]Really depends what you want but personally I love both Rome and Paris and don't think you can go wrong with either. And there's always Venice, which is definitely worth a visit, the locals can be a bit rude to tourists though.[/quote:335j4fvu] You cant get more romantic that italy :)
DipDab Posts: 1172
Italy. I love Florence and Rome.
reggiefh Posts: 22
I was in Lisbon once a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The weather in March was stunning and it was dead cheap to eat and drink. There is plenty to see and do there.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Love Italy, we got engaged there. I loved Venice, it is quite a busy airport so you might be able to fly to Algarve from there. Also might be worth visiting Verona/Lake Garda if you decide to go there!
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Also would Dubrovnik be an option, is a lovely city to visit for a few days!!
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
one of my favourite places in Italy is the cinque terre- it's 5 small seaside towns, you hike or get a train between them. Vernazza was our favourite. It was quite touristy but we LOVED it. A few days there followed by somewhere more quite like a town in umbria would be great or Lake Como....Italy is expensive though, I find no matter how much we budget we always spend a fortune there. But there are so many places to see....I can't wait to go back! And the food!! Mmmmm