Horrible nightmare

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

walkingwollie Posts: 3344
I am alone in the house today (rugby widow, dh gone boozing) and had a nap a few hours ago. Dreamt that I had the baby - everything about it was really, really vivid; the 'labour' went on for ages and was really vivid. Anyway, it was a little girl.. but when she came out, I soon realised she was a doll.. a hard, plastic doll. I was trying to get her to latch on, and my mother was sitting there giving out to me saying 'I don't like it, take it away, it would be a great gift for a little girl but you're too old to be playing with dolls'. :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek It was seriously freaky. I am sitting here shuddering!
LoloOct08 Posts: 343
you poor yoke! Try to shake it off, it was just a dream and there's so much going on with your body and with you emotionally that I think it's really natural for your brain to try and process everything. I had some really really weird and scary dreams too when I was pg, and a few in the days after having him.... I did also have one lovely one when I was pg where I dreamt of my baby being a little boy (before I suspected he was a boy!) with blonde curls, so far 2 out of 3 are right, hard to know about the curls yet :o0 try not to worry :wv
sunshiniest Posts: 303
OMG :eek pregnancy dreams are so crazzeee!! I had a simlar one to you where I delivered a baby girl but when she was handed to me I realised that she was tiny and made of gingerbread (like the character in Shrek - I kid you not!). Everyone was telling me how gorgeous she was but she was so fragile I wouldn't give her to anyone and I was terrified of getting her wet as I knew her legs would dissolve!! The nurse was trying to get me to give her a bath and I was trying to make her see that that wasn't such a good idea :o0 I think we should make a thread of dreams because they are so messed up when we're expecting! Don't worry about it!
LoloOct08 Posts: 343
Jaysus sunshiniest, that's a mad one, gingerbreadbaby! Isn't it mental what goes on in our heads. I had one where I had a baby girl but she only had one eye in the middle of her forehead like a cyclops!!!! Everyone was saying how gorgeous she was and I kept trying to hide her eye with a hood and I got really thick with everyone who was taking it down. I was deffo destined to have a boy this time - :o0 :o0 :o0 BRILLIANT idea to make this a sticky, some of them are hilarious. I think the best thing is to enjoy the nice ones, shake off the nasty ones and have a good old laugh at the rest.