Hospital... again

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*bubblez* Posts: 1599
My doctor called me yesterday evening to say that he had received a very snotty letter from OLOL to say that they were reporting him for referring patients there unnecessarily (sp). I rang a few weeks ago and asked could I get an early scan in the EPU, the appointment was given without question and when I got to the ospital (and waited hours to be seen) they were asking me questions about my previous mc. I said I have a letter from my doc with all of the details can I give you that and they took it. I then had my scan and went on my way. I did complain to the hospital about the length of time I had to wait and I feel that because of that I'm being picked on. The doc said they could have refused to scan me and I made it clear to them I have had 1 miscarriage before when I made the appointment and there was no problem, so why are they doing this now? The doctor was shocked and said that he's sent ppl for early scan before with a letter of referral and never got this response back, he said it common practice. I wasn't going to change hospitals but I feel now that I'm left with no choice. Their behaviour is a disgrace and I'm writing a letter to patient services and also to the HSE. Bullied by a hospital, like I don't have enough to deal with
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Mother of God...what's wrong with these people? Thank God your gp is supportive. Try not to get too stressed about it...it could be some wagon took it upon herself to single you out. I am sure if you make a bit of noise about the situation you will be treated well from here on in.
pattie Posts: 2379
That's disgraceful. You are sent for an early scan because of your history and some old b i t c h in the hospital thinks nothing of stressing you out with this letter to your GP. There is always one. I wouldn't rush into changing hospitals though, as Nantes said, it was probably just one member of staff who took the hump and you may never come across her again with any luck.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Bubblez that is terrible. You've had nothing but bad luck with the hospital. I think I would want to change too in your shoes. Why would they do something so horrible? Do you think you'll go to the Rotunda now instead?
No won't go to the rotunda will prob go to holles st instead but will have to wait and see. I'm not letting this go with the hospital tho, treating me like rubbish its not fair and so not what I need at all
mammybean Posts: 10364
you are just right pet. i had to complain about a doctor last wek to the nurse in the EPU, she was so nice and disgusted with him and is going to take it further, its happened with all if my ogs that i have been treated like something ff the bottom of a shoe by doctors and nurss and i am sick of it, i told h2b that it wasnt in and he agreed. i mean you are with in your rights to complain if you are kept waiting. or even to ask how long you will be. i am blessed with our EPU, wish the outpatients clinic was as good
Me Julia Posts: 1352
oh my god thats terrible...........i just cant understand it? Why are they like that when you have a letter........how can they say its unnessesary? I got a very abrupt man when i rang to make my epu appt last week. There is just no need to be so abrupt with people. I am going to the rotunda though, it sounds like they are all the same with their manners. I hope you get this sorted out. :wv
jen2 Posts: 3106
Oh my god thats terrible. What are they up to. If your doctor thought you needed it , then thats that. Its terible of them to stress you out, and it also very bad that they should question your doctor. They are making a big deal out of it. You are dead right to complain in writing. Also ring your local TD. One that you know will look after you. I rang Seamus Brennan a while ago, and he wrote to Mary harney on my behalf. But dont over excert yourself pet. I hope you get somewhere. JEn2
jen2 Posts: 3106
Oh my god thats terrible. What are they up to. If your doctor thought you needed it , then thats that. Its terible of them to stress you out, and it also very bad that they should question your doctor. They are making a big deal out of it. You are dead right to complain in writing. Also ring your local TD. One that you know will look after you. I rang Seamus Brennan a while ago, and he wrote to Mary harney on my behalf. But dont over excert yourself pet. I hope you get somewhere. JEn2
Thanks girls, its been getting to me all weekend. I have no confidence left in the hospital at all and I don't see why I should have to fork out for private care either, I should be well looked after regardless of private care or not both me and my hubby have been paying tax since we were 17 and its ridiculous that we have to fork out 3 or 4 grand to get decent care. At this stage I'm considering asking my vet to deliver the baby at least I know he has a good bedside manner!!! have asked my brother who's a barrister to help me write the letter so it scares teh crap out of them