hospital appointments on second pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tilsun Posts: 4506
I am going semi-p in the Rotunda as I did on my first. I cannot remember exactly how often I was seen first time round but would have thought it was regular enough. This time I was booked in at 12 weeks, had scan bloods etc all good. I was given an appointment for anomaly scan at 20 weeks but no clinic appointment until I'm 28 weeks. Suggested I see the GP at around 20 and 24 weeks. To me that seems a long time with no clinic appointment. Now obviously if I've a problem (and please God I won't) I can call them but I just wonder if this is the norm for second pregnancies or am I being short-changed here? I know it was my choice to go semi-p, so I can't complain, but it does seem like a lot of money for very few appointments :o(
pag Posts: 633
Hey tilsun No you are not being short changed. The combined care doesn't really start until 24 weeks and on your second pregnancy you have one less hospital visit. I have first hospital booking visit at 12 wks. I was told I prob will have scan at 20wks and the next appt around 30wks. I've appt to see gp midwife at 16wks and will prob go see her again at 22 and 26 wks so kinda every 4 wks or so.
tilsun Posts: 4506
[quote="pag":14bnscbj]Hey tilsun No you are not being short changed. The combined care doesn't really start until 24 weeks and on your second pregnancy you have one less hospital visit. I have first hospital booking visit at 12 wks. I was told I prob will have scan at 20wks and the next appt around 30wks. I've appt to see gp midwife at 16wks and will prob go see her again at 22 and 26 wks so kinda every 4 wks or so.[/quote:14bnscbj] Thanks for that Pag, might try to get to GP around 18 weeks too to see that all is well. :wv