Hospital Bags

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Piggle Posts: 1770
Hey girls, Just wondering where did you get your bag for the hospital?! I want to buy a really nice cute girlie one, even though I am having a boy I want to be as girlie as possible! :) Haven't a notion where to even begin to look for one!
fifibelle Posts: 4447
[quote="Piggle":3qz5tj5r]Hey girls, Just wondering where did you get your bag for the hospital?! I want to buy a really nice cute girlie one, even though I am having a boy I want to be as girlie as possible! :) Haven't a notion where to even begin to look for one![/quote:3qz5tj5r] + 1 Also do they need to be a particular size? e.g. I'm sure hosp. wants bags as small as possible!
Saw this, its gorgeous but a tad expensive, do you bring a bag for baby and then a bag for you, or what do you do? Oh god why am I so clueless :)
Idina Posts: 1289
Just brought a small suitcase (hand luggage size) with me. Didn't buy a "special one" and won't this time....too many other things to be buying!
bububaby Posts: 54
I've packed a small rolley suitcase for me and am using my changing bag for the babies things. Not going out to buy yet another bag just to go into the hospital.
Cherry Cola Posts: 9
I had a small bag, that i use on holidays for the beach, for my things for the labour ward. I used a small rolley suicase for my stay in hospital and had another bag packed with clothes for baby and me to go home in. I wouldn't go spending too much on a bag for hospital it will probably be under the bed for the most part. Better saving your money and investing in a nice changing bag that'll get much more use.
Yeah I wondered if you have a changing bag in the hosp for the babies stuff and then a small suitcase for your own! Think i'll buy a gorgeous changing bag and bring in any aul thing for my own stuff! Now off to find a list of what I need! :)
randomusername Posts: 2134
Piggle, do you be in the pavillions in Swords at all? There's a bag shop/stall just outside Dunnes on the ground floor. They do some lovely bags and they have matching ones in different sizes. Some of them are very like the Cath Kidston stuff too :lvs FAB. I'm going to get two. I big enough one to fit in pj's, nightdress, towels for me, toiletries, phone chargers, ipods, book/mags, maternity pads, nursing bra etc and then leave a smaller one at home packed for DH to bring in when we're going home with an outfit for me and baby.
katiemomma Posts: 2690
Pennys have some nice big overnight bags for about 7-9euro. i had my own bag and then my changing bag was a good size put babies stuff in there and then if needed more sent dirty stuff home with anyone and they brought in clean things. bring plastic bags also for dirty clothes. poo/puke etc.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="Piggle":3ctf5y8o]Yeah I wondered if you have a changing bag in the hosp for the babies stuff and then a small suitcase for your own! [/quote:3ctf5y8o] [quote="Piggle":3ctf5y8o]do you bring a bag for baby and then a bag for you, or what do you do?[/quote:3ctf5y8o] The 2 bags you require depends on hospital. In Holles St they want you to bring one very small labour bag (nightie, slippers, dressing gown, face wipes, hand towel, maternity pads, breast pads and nothing for baby) and then your other bag contains everything for you and for baby for hospital stay. While some hospitals wants you to bring a baby bag and a bag for yourself. My labour bag is the size of an overnight bag and my hospital stay bag is middle size in set of 3 suitcase.