Menu

hospital formula

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babybuttons Posts: 886
does anyone know what formula they use in the coombe. just wondering do you have to keep baby on that formula when baby comes home. im bored in work :o0
coconut Posts: 2183
i think u can choose what u are going to feed the baby!
theoracle Posts: 7664
I think what hospital usually have is SMA, Cow and Gate and Aptamil.
lisa Posts: 1612
Does anyone know is there any difference between them? Not sure which to go for? Sorry to hijack post!
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
They have cow and gate aptimal and sma. If the one you use in hospital is agreeing with baby i wouldnt bother changing it when you get home. I used aptimal on dd and it suited her fine. It depends on the baby some take to one straight away other babies you have to keep trying different ones until youfind the one that suits.
theoracle Posts: 7664
I found aptamil v good, but can't say for other formula as I never tried them myself.
McMummy Posts: 1041
I think aptamil and cow & gate are very similar from what i could tell they have the same ingredients and the factory address is the same. SMA is supposed to contain more whey which is great for brain development but a lot of babies can't digest it very easily. DS started on SMA but it didn't agree with him as he had reflux so I finally settled on cow & gate comfort so I would pick one in the hospital and if you need to change it's not the end of the world.