Hospital present

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sillysocks Posts: 1390
Hi.... looking for a bit of inspiration from mums... a friend of mine is pregnant with a much wanted baby (after being told she would never have children!), and is due in 7 weeks, she is in hospital now though with pre-eclamsia and I'm going to visit her today. Jsut wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I could bring in? Want something a bit nicer than magazines that I'm sure everyone will bring her but not a major present either. Is there anything that any of you would have appreciated if you were in hospital before the birth! ?
MotherNature Posts: 317
I was in hospital with pre-eclampsia too. I'm not really into magazines, but got hubby to bring me in a few books. Maybe get her something humourous to read. I read one of the Ross O'Carroll Kelly books and nearly went into labour I laughed so hard. It really took my mind off things, especially during the lonely hours. Maybe even a cheapo FM radio with earphones, if she doesn't have one already. After a couple of days you can start to feel very detached from the outside world.
andypandy28 Posts: 553
I would have liked a KFC, was in hospital with P E as well and the food stinks, get her a Kfc or a macdonalds or something really tasty that you cant get in the hospital.
sillysocks Posts: 1390
Thanks girls.... went in earlier and just stuck with a nice box of chocs (boring I know!). She's in a private room so at least has tv and stuff to watch. She's not sure how long she'll be in so might need to use your suggestions later in the week :)
sally Posts: 1140
If your stuck in hospital its prob the boredom which will start to get to you so how about books of cross-words or suduko, maybe a nice notebook for writing a diary. Personally give me all the magazines in the shop, especially the glossies. That book out for charity "Mums the Word" is quite good, lots of little short stories about motherhood.
mumof2 Posts: 3864
When I was in hosp in May a friend brought me in a burger - best present ever!!