Hospitalised again

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

workingmom Posts: 3429
Well girls, I was in hospital over the bank hol weekend, and ended up spending my birthday there. They thought I had a problem with appendix, anyway, it wasn't but they couldn't find the cause of the pain, which I still have. I was discharged yesterday, and told to take 2 weeks rest and also a huge dose of iron as it is critically low, which I only found out about due to the BT in the hospital. I called work to tell them, and my boss basically said, so let me get this straight, they can't find what is wrong with you but you are on 2 weeks sick leave? I felt like he was saying that there is nothing wrong with me, and I am taking the piss. So upset over it nearly 5 years with a company, I do anything they ask, I do anything that's needed, and I am made to feel like a piss taker...... I hope this is something that doesn't re-occur, cause I think I'll get sacked if it does.
theoracle Posts: 7664
They can't sack you. You would be at a tribunal and would win with your eyes closed and both arms tied behind your back! I was also in hospital during my pregnancy, but lukily I have a very nice boss, he wasn't interested in the small print ie why or what was wrong with me, he said just to look after myself and the baby. He was also v supportive when I had my m/c. In other aspects he is a really crappy boss, but in this particular respect I was really impressed. Ignore, you need to look after yourself.
Mammypig Posts: 832
try and pay no attention to him as you need to look after yourself and baby. some bosses can be a pain in the arse but really wouldn't let it bother you. hope the pain goes and yo feel better soon. take care
Mrs Febbride Posts: 1234
The git!! I would complain about him. hope your ok :thnk
alton Posts: 3077
Hope you're ok. Hope your birthday wasn't too miserable. Take care of yourself and make sure that Dh is administering high doses of tlc. Try to put your boss out of your mind and just concentrate on you and the baby. I know how intimidating employers can be but there is very little he can actually do so just ignore his barking if you can. Big hugs :xox take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon.
nea dude Posts: 749
Your boss is just jealous that you'll get two weeks off and he's stuck at work!! Enjoy and relax. Look after you and your baby and no one else.
totalnovice Posts: 787
Oh mrs gk sorry to hear you are sick again, mind yourself :thnk Dont you dare let that git upset you about work. Some people are so ignorant and you really shouldnt get upset. You should have a woird when you go back about how rude his comments were, dont let him get away with it but dont worry about it for a second. How is the pain now? Hope you are starting to feel a bit better. Mind yourself hon
broody chick Posts: 203
Ignore him. Easier said than done but he sounds like the type of guy that is careless with words ... Lots of rest and look after No 01, baby and you xxxx :thnk to make you feel better xx
darkie27 Posts: 1449
He cannot sack you the most protected person in the work force is the pregnant woman so dont worry and if you need more time off take it mind yorself and babs he/she is too important My friend was taken into hospital for same reason as you they kept her for a week and all was well after that so dont worry legs up and relax xxxx
Toots12 Posts: 894
Mrs GK, I'm sorry to hear that...the others are so right - never mind your boss, he's just being a git. You're completely in the right here, as you're only following your medical orders. Now - get a good book or magazine, something nice for lunch, get those feet up and RELAX!!!! :wv