Hotel changing contract!!! STRESSED

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
Hi girls, Im wondering if you can advise me on anything here. We booked our hotel 2years ago and got a great deal. One was free corkage and rooms for our parents, (few other bits also) But now the hotel is saying it is not possible for them to do this in our package. The hotel had changed over name last year and i rang to make sure everything would stay as is and they said it would. I dont want to have to go down the route of changing hotels or getting into an argument over this. So im not really sure what to do. I have mailed back questioning it and im just waiting on a reply. Im soooo p*ssed off now!!
crazyinlove78 Posts: 933
OMG is right and I's say you're stressed to say the least...had ya any contracts signed or anything...i'm sure they can't change prices etc if a contract has been signed!! I'm really no help to you at all...but I'd fight your corner if i were you O:|
07Bride2012 Posts: 130
Omg thats awful! Do you have a contract or anything in writing from them when you first booked? If you do read over it all and check what was agreed on, if the corkage and parents room etc was included then they cant take it back, or if they are offering something in return, reduced rates or other extras instead it might be a different matter! You might be better meeting them in person to discuss things, as its easier to put pressure on them that way. And while you don't want to change hotels, if you do you should be able to get deposit back and they are changing the terms! At least i think it should be ok!
ItsOK Posts: 849
Yeah i agree with the others-if its written on the contract then they cant take it back-i'm sure even if it was verbal you should still have rights. Maybe check with citizen advice.
maltabride2011 Posts: 987
[quote="ItsOK":1b4k6p2x]Yeah i agree with the others-if its written on the contract then they cant take it back-i'm sure even if it was verbal you should still have rights. Maybe check with citizen advice.[/quote:1b4k6p2x] +1 - they can't just go changing the contract and expect you to pay more if you have already agreed to a certain package!!! Hope you get sorted candypants! :action32
BloomingField Posts: 27
Did it just change name or does it have new owners? If it has new owners then they probably don't have to honour the contract entered into by the old owners. If it has just changed name then it's ridiculous that they are trying to change the details of the contract. Did you sign a contract?