Menu

hotel Doolin marquee reviews!

Go to All Things Wedding

cilldarabride83
New Wolly

Re: hotel Doolin marquee reviews!

Postby cilldarabride83 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi i know this is an old post but i just want to know how you got on with Hotel Doolin? not much feedback online anywhere.
thansk in advance :) :lvs

PixieH
New Wolly

Postby PixieH » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi Cilldarabride,

Just wondering if you booked Hotel Doolin? We are looking at it for our venue. Would love to hear what you have chosen?? :lvs

MunsterDJ-Hire
WOL Network

Postby MunsterDJ-Hire » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi All,

I did a wedding after band DJ and photo booth down there last night. It had been a while since I was there and I was impressed. Infareness Donal in the hotel made sure everything ran to plan and with 260 for the meal it was a tough ask. With a crowd like that it didn't seem anyway packed. I arrived around 8 so it was still bright outside. It was very well done with pig on a spit and a lemonade stand scattered across the green outside. From my point of view the bar was good and close to the floor but far enough that people could sit on the couches to have a chat if they wanted.

If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Paudie

comprometida
New Wolly

Postby comprometida » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:35 am

Hi all giving this a bump in the hopes of more info on weddings at Hotel Doolin - have some of you had yours there this summer? Any info from guests or brides much appreciated!

missmaw
New Wolly

Postby missmaw » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:58 pm

We have just booked our wedding there. When we first went there to view, we met friends of ours who were guests at a wedding that weekend. Couldn't rate it highly enough. Food was supposed to have been amazing and they loved the marquee set up. H2B also knew the bride and she was so happy with everything. Very excited about having wedding there.

comprometida
New Wolly

Postby comprometida » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi missmaw thanks so much for your reply! that's great to hear!

Do you mind me asking are you having the ceremony there too? Or in a church? And have you sorted photographer/DJ/cake etc in your package? Or are you looking after those separately?

I'm a bit worried also about the minimum numbers as neither of us is from the area.

Nikki Kavanagh
PixieH
New Wolly

Postby PixieH » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:51 pm

We have also booked Hotel Doolin for our wedding next August - super excited about it!! Have been up to visit it a few times and just love the marque :heartbeat: :heartbeat: We are organising our own photographer, cake, etc.....

When is your wedding Missmaw?

missmaw
New Wolly

Postby missmaw » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 pm

No H2B is religious so we are having a church wedding and have narrowed it down to Quilty,Ennistymon or Ballyvaughan.
Yes we are going for the Wild Atlantic Package so photographer is included as well as cake, DJ etc.Mrs Redhead will be the photographer which I'm delighted with.
We are booked in for end of Feb 2017,PixieH.Hope the planning is going well.
There seems to be plenty of accommodation close by as we are travelling from Limerick. We put 150 down as our lower limit on our form. Just love the area and set up. Have you been down to visit Comprometida? Are you thinking a big wedding? What time of year are you looking at?

comprometida
New Wolly

Postby comprometida » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:10 pm

We're looking at summer so I think the minimum numbers are 170 - we have big families so could probably get to that, but am slightly worried some east coasters won't travel! Especially if we go for a Thursday or Friday. At first I thought it was expensive but I've been checking out some other options since my post and it's actually not that bad compared to others is it? Looking at some that are €130 a head! :eek

Love the set up and the food down there - if you could be guaranteed sun I would be sold! :compress

Emmawed16
New Wolly

Postby Emmawed16 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding in Hotel Doolin or got married there recently. We have booked for Sept this year and would love some feedback on how it all went :wv :wv

PreviousNext

Go to All Things Wedding