Menu

hotel Doolin marquee reviews!

Go to All Things Wedding

donnanurse
New Wolly

hotel Doolin marquee reviews!

Postby donnanurse » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:05 am

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding in the hotel Doolin (co. Clare) marquee or has booked it for their own wedding. Would love to hear reviews before booking it! Thanks guys <3 :)

Icy Mint
New Wolly

Re: hotel Doolin marquee reviews!

Postby Icy Mint » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:08 am

Hi Donnanurse,

We are exactly in the same boat as you. Were very impressed when we went to view the place but are a little nervous about taking the plunge and booking it. Did you end up booking it?

donnanurse
New Wolly

Postby donnanurse » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi Icemint!
Yea we spent the wkend down in Doolin and fell in love with Doolin itself. We loved the layout of the marquee and we thought that their packages were reasonable for what is included. I wasnt blown away with the hotel but the marquee was gorgeous and the staff were very nice! :wv We also got great reports about the food etc... x

donnanurse
New Wolly

Postby donnanurse » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi Icemint!
Yea we spent the wkend down in Doolin and fell in love with Doolin itself. We loved the layout of the marquee and we thought that their packages were reasonable for what is included. I wasnt blown away with the hotel but the marquee was gorgeous and the staff were very nice! :wv We also got great reports about the food etc... x

Icy Mint
New Wolly

Postby Icy Mint » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:52 am

Hi Donnanurse,

The marquee does look beautiful & the pictures we were shown of it fully dressed for a wedding were AMAZING :-) I steel feel that the packages are a bit pricey though :weep The lowest priced one for the marquee is €69pp & is a buffet. They also weren’t willing to negotiate on the room prices and were only offering one free room for the bride & groom, none for parents or bridal party. I have heard great reports about the food & the service but it’s hard to visualise what your actually getting for your money. I found it all a bit vague.
Did you meet with the manager to discuss the packages, perhaps they might be open to a bit of negotiation :)

HandinHand
New Wolly

Postby HandinHand » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi, just wondering if either of you had your wedding in Hotel Doolin? If so how did ye get on?? We are considering it for next summer but would love to hear people's experiences. I had hoped to go for something with a bit more space but there isn't much else in West Clare for weddings of 150 apart from the Armada in Spanish Point :)

Aoife O'Mahony
HandinHand
New Wolly

Postby HandinHand » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Just realised that your comments were only put up a few weeks ago! :duh: Sorry new to this! Did either of you end up booking?

Icy Mint
New Wolly

Postby Icy Mint » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi HandinHand,

We have booked Hotel Doolin for July next year, I have spoken to another couple who got married there this year & couldn't recommend it highly enough so we're DELIGHTED with our choice :) Have you been to view it yet?

HandinHand
New Wolly

Postby HandinHand » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

Hi icy mint! We actually also booked it for next summer-in June. I'm pretty happy with, it's not exactly what I always dreamed of but I'm looking forward to personalising it and just having a great party and a great weekend!

Icy Mint
New Wolly

Postby Icy Mint » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:20 am

Oh yay, I'll def private mail you & we can swap ideas ;-) We went down there on Friday to see a wedding in action...I was really impressed. I had kind of lost my enthusiasm a bit lately but after seeing the wedding at the weekend I'm super excited again!

Next

Go to All Things Wedding