Menu

Hotel help please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wala16 Posts: 147
Hi all, I'm searching for a nice hotel for next November and am under a bit of pressure to decide given the time frame. I would really appreciate any recommendations. We are looking for somewhere scenic for the venue, that will accommodate 140 guest and that will come in at around 50euro per head. I'd really appreciate any advice as I feel I'm having to make up my mind without even knowing whats out there. We are happy to look at any location in Ireland as long as the views are nice. Thanks so much!
GalwayDubBride Posts: 177
the wineport in glasson athlone is lovely but not too sure what the rates are but seen as it will be November most places offer a discount on einter season weddings, Slieve Russell in Cavan also nice,
GalwayDubBride Posts: 177
also lough eske in donegal is fab, kilronan castle
winklefairy Posts: 907
I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to say don't stress. November is not the busiest month for weddings so I'm sure you'll be able to find somewhere that suits you. Take a bit of time to have a look around and decide what you want. You've got a whole year - that's plenty of time to sort everything out.
happybride2012 Posts: 174
The Lyrath Hotel in Kilkenny is beautiful with acres of grounds. They would definitely cater for 140. Good luck and enjoy the hunting :thnk
Winterlights Posts: 310
[quote="winklefairy":1p8esrhc]I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to say don't stress. November is not the busiest month for weddings so I'm sure you'll be able to find somewhere that suits you. Take a bit of time to have a look around and decide what you want. You've got a whole year - that's plenty of time to sort everything out.[/quote:1p8esrhc] +1 You've loads of time!
wala16 Posts: 147
Thanks a million for those suggestions. love the Lyrath, Kilronan and Lough Eske. They all seem a bit over budget though. We're pretty tied to a set package which would come in at about 50 per head.
frankenbride Posts: 419
What about the Station House Hotel the grounds are fabulous and when I was looking they'd good deals on. We went to look at it but it wasn't free for our date but we had dinner there and the food was massive mmm Oh another one that is having good deals at the mo and is lovely is summerhill house hotel I've been to a few weddings there and the were all great. Another that's popular is Tulfarris hotel. As said above you've plenty of time we only decided this July to have our and there were loads still available for this November so you've basically a year to book - best of luck
nelle Posts: 552
I don't know where you're based but I candefo recommend the Castle Oaks House Hotel. That's where we're having ours. And you get a really good package for less than E50. You can actually see the packages on their websit www.castleoaks.ie Hope it helps!! :wv
TinkerMarch Posts: 44
Rivercourt in Kilkenny is sister hotel of Lyrath. No grounds so not for everyone but nice castle views. Think they have packages in that price range too. Worth a look.