Hotel in camps bay help me decide please !!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

alf Posts: 219
Hey all, Have put this in the honeymoon section as well but seeing as it's so quiet here tonight i said i might get a response here also....hope ye don't mind. :o0 :o0 Can someone whose been to camps bay help me decide what hotel / accommadation to book in camps bay.....so many to choose from but would prefer to hear from some wollies who have had past experiences on hotels. Thanks alot girlies !!!
ChristmasBride2010 Posts: 272
Hey i havent been to SA before but i was researching it as we were going to go their on our hm, i had decided on Camps Bay Hotel--had good reviews on trip advisor and was not too expensive (we were planning on waiting good few days there). My first choice was Cape Grace on the waterfront but it was abit expensive so then looked at Camps Bay Hotel. a friend of mine who had been there recommended the 12 apostels hotel and said it was fab but it seemed abit too far out of town for us. Hope this might help, Best of Luck
Thanks a million for the reply....so hard to decide where to stay. Oh i must look into that hotel.....what website did you book that hotel through ???
Anyone else out there ???? :weep :weep :weep
vintagebride11 Posts: 30
Hi, Ive been to SA as the other half is south african and i can recommend the Twelve Apostles hotel - its amazing, very boutique and luxurious, my cousin actually went on honeymoon there last year. any other questions give me a shout
decemberbride2010 Posts: 227
We're staying in the Twelve Apostles.....can't wait!!!!! The hotel provide afree shuttle service to Camps Bay/Waterfront until around 8 PM so I don't think it's too inconvenient. I have stayed in Camps Bay previously ( in self catering accommodation on the main strip) and definitely prefer the location to the V&A Waterfront- more authentic, nicer bars and restaurants and of course the beaches! Taxis are really cheap so I don't think it's a deal breaker to stay that little bit further out. The Twelve Apostles is situated at the start of the Chapman's Peak drive if I remember correctly which has spectacular views.
Divepearl Posts: 1
Hi There. Why not stay in a apartment or holiday home rather like I did. I used a company called Holiday Rentals in Cape Town and they were able to provide me with an absolutley stunning Villa in Camps Bay. It was out of this world. The decor, the fittings, the fixtures etc were excellent. I found them on the interenet because I too was looking for accommodation as at that stage, all the hotels were fully booked. Their website is[url:2jxcf7e8]http://www.rentalsincapetown.com/campsbay.htm[/url:2jxcf7e8] All the best!