Menu

Hotel in Galway for Ma & Da

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redsquirrel Posts: 391
Hi everyone, hope some one can help me with this..... Its my Mum and Dad's 43rd wedding anniversary at the end of January and I would like organise a gift token for good hotel in galway. Thing is, it needs to be not too far from the city but not a noisy pubby one. They are both in their 70's and like a bit of granduer!! Any suggestions? The Radisson? the Harbour? Any old country house near the city?? Thanks in advance!!
angel3 Posts: 1572
Hi redsquirrel The galway bay is good craic like good entertainment for them O-O , we were there last year but we stayed in the Quality which has great leisure facilites but not great night life!!!!!!!!!
The PDQ Posts: 954
The Park House Hotel is lovely, its in the city centre as well
Is the Park House a big bar hotel though, it looks like that from the picture on its web site???
The PDQ Posts: 954
No I dont think so, its very homely and cosy while being grand at the same time iykwim, bar has a good atmosphere at night but not really loud or full of teenagers
Thanks PDQ thats really what i am looking for, they're not the "dancing on the tables kinda" couple iykwim!!!!
Service Finder
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
[quote="The PDQ":20qr9yk7]No I dont think so, its very homely and cosy while being grand at the same time iykwim, bar has a good atmosphere at night but not really loud or full of teenagers[/quote:20qr9yk7] Agree - my parents love going there for dinner. It would be more mammy and daddy place then funky chicked. And as OP said its right on square, so central at same time
LMR Posts: 1925
The Radisson is lovely and very close to town, The g is also lush, but might be a bit "funky". The Meyrick is supposed to be nice and that's right on Eyres Square.
Roxanne Posts: 3201
The Radisson - lovely, great leisure facilities, very close to the train station, about a ten minute walk from town. The G - gorgeous, but on a roundabout outside the city - a taxi ride from the centre. The House Hotel - this is fabulous. A beautiful, cosy boutique hotel right in the centre, and minutes from the sea. Newly remodelled, fabulous rooms with Occitane products! My parents stayed there recently and loved it. No night club, and double glazed windows so no street noise. Hope they have a lovely time. :o)ll