Hotel Payments -------

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Marymullingan Posts: 341
Im just wondering do people pay the hotel every month if they have the cash.....Im not geting married till next july and i have payed the hotel €15,000 so far, is this the normal??? Just really dont want a big bill come next year !
summersurprise Posts: 1276
IMO, ye should have kept it in a seperate wedding acc instead of giving it to the hotel to earn interest on in their acc - we have a seperate acc for wedding with card & chq book for paying.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
We only paid €500 deposit and paid the rest when we were leaving the day after the wedding.
Blitz Posts: 583
We paid €1000 deposit, will pay another €1000 6mths before and think some more a few weeks before.. Its entirely up to yourself but I'd say your hotel were delighted you have offered your money so far in advance - I assume you got significant discount/freebies from them for doing this.. As another poster said I would have prefered to keep the money in the likes of a credit union account were you could have made a few pound on it.
AugBride10 Posts: 60
We only paid the hotel €1000 deposit and dont have to pay the balance until wedding day. Did the hotel ask for the money upfront? I've never heard of ppl paying so far in advance. I would be afraid of loosing all this money if something happenad with the hotel :eek
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
we paid €500 deposit, 80% a couple days before hand and the rest the day after the wedding.
joker Posts: 2789
We have a weddign fund but have only given the hotel their deposit in case they went bust / problems etc. I also think there is more room for negotiation when they still have to get paid...
MissMuppet Posts: 2085
We paid €1000 deposit and don't have to pay the rest until the day after the wedding
LittleLily Posts: 3682
Yeh we're the same, deposit of €1250 paid now, then the rest due the day after the wedding.
ros09 Posts: 1923
[quote="ozypozy":gd2ffgeo]We only paid €500 deposit and paid the rest when we were leaving the day after the wedding.[/quote:gd2ffgeo] same for us