Hotel with Spa - close to Galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
Ladies After the mention of Christmas in another thread, it got me thinking, and I'm hallf thinking about booking a couple of nights away in Ireland over the Christmas. Was thinking of somewhere like Parknasilla, with a lovely spa so we can both relax and have a bit of a break, but I'm thinking of the weather last year around Christmas, and wondering if anyone can recommend a really nice hotel, with a spa (v NB) that isn't too far from Galway? I don't want one that is in Galway city any ideas would be great, as I'm having a mental block at the moment :thnk
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Hey Sniper, Do you mean somewhere immediately outside of Galway city or do you mean surrounding counties? The Twelve Bearna is about 10 mins outside Galway City. On the other hand if it's something further afield, there are a number of lovely hotels in Westport. Dromoland Castle maybe? You more or less have the new road from Galway right through to Limerick now so the weather would have to be at its worst in order not to be able to drive it.
I'd be willing to travel an hour or so. I guess, being from the subarbs of Galway, I don't think I'd be able to justify spending money on a hotel thats only down the round Must have a look at Westport, thanks Jane
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
+1 for the 12 in Barna - excellent hotel, probalby one of the best in Galway.
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Sniper, the Sheraton in Athlone is supposed to be really lovely as well. Haven't been there myself but have heard great reports.
thanks GalwayGirl, the 12 is close enough, so wouldn't be able to justify it - although I've always wanted to stay there. Same with The G JaneSmith, will have a look at the Sherton too Thanks :thnk :thnk
Roxanne Posts: 3201
Knockranny House Hotel in Westport is a favourite of ours, amazing food and a lovely spa. Be sure to book a Grand Deluxe room, double check it's in the new wing. They're the nicest rooms I've seen in an Irish hotel:
Mari yay Posts: 4045
What about Delphi? Lovely drive out, my friend brought her mam here recently and she said it was fab!