Menu

Hotels in Edinburgh

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LynSept05 Posts: 146
Hi, can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Edinburgh that would be quiet enough to bring my Mum to whilst still being nice and close to Princes St etc? Thanks chickatees....
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Not sure as I stayed 10-15 mins away from princes st, have you looked to see if there is a jurys hotel in princes st area
Chicksy Posts: 709
We stayed in the Grassmarket Hotel which funnily enough, is in the Grassmarket area! Its right in the shadow of the castle, 2 minutes from the Royal Mile and about 10 minutes max from Princes St. We found it grand, it was nice and central for us, reasonable price and clean. A full cooked breakfast was included as well. Now we went mid week though, Monday to Thursday so it was very quiet but I'm told that the Grassmarket can get very lively at weekends so it may not be as quiet as it was mid week. We found it fine anyway, it did us for the few nights. I booked it through www.hotels.com and looked up reviews on TripAdvisor.
There is a Jury's close enough and the tripadvisor reviews weren't too bad for it. Can you recommend where you stayed? Mum is only 54 so is well up for walking, even more so than lazy old me!
thanks Chicksy, I shall check it out this minute...
[quote="LynSept05":uwue1dk9]There is a Jury's close enough and the tripadvisor reviews weren't too bad for it. Can you recommend where you stayed? Mum is only 54 so is well up for walking, even more so than lazy old me![/quote:uwue1dk9] I cant remember the name of place sorry, it was about 4 years ago and was a b & b :-8
John Walsh Guitar
null problemo, thanks PC
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="Princess Cinders":24m32a39][quote="LynSept05":24m32a39]There is a Jury's close enough and the tripadvisor reviews weren't too bad for it. Can you recommend where you stayed? Mum is only 54 so is well up for walking, even more so than lazy old me![/quote:24m32a39] I cant remember the name of place sorry, it was about 4 years ago and was a b & b :-8[/quote:24m32a39] you're a great help arent ya :o0
Well I did suggest Jurys, so think that counts :o0
TOtally counts!