Hotels in Killarney for 250 guests approx

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happyfamily Posts: 3323
Hi, I got engaged last weekend and our provisional guest list brings us to 250 approx. We've decided that we want to have the reception in Killarney and I was hoping some people here could let me know of any hotels that can take large numbers. Also if you've been to any killarney venues have the rooms been packed? I don't want to be told that the room can take 250 and everybody ends up squashed! :troll: Any help would be appreciated because I don't want to waste my time and fall in love with a hotel that is too small. Everybody on the guest list is a person that i really want to be there.
carolinep34 Posts: 129
Hi, Congratulations on your engagement. I'm actually getting married in the Killarney Avenue Hotel myself in June. That hotel can hold up to 190 people so that's not suitable for you but how about the Gleneagle hotel or the Brehon hotel as well. The Killarney Height on the Cork road might be suitable as well. If you go online they usually tell you how many people is there capacity. Best of luck with your search. Killarney is a beautiful area and I wouldn't want anywhere else for my reception.
MrsBump Posts: 869
Hi getting married in killarney myself too!! Check out the malton and dromhall and muckross park they all cater too big weddings!! and theres a thread on this for killarney brides too, you should join us :)
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Congrats on the engagement. We are getting married in Muckross Park anad they have 2 function rooms, 1 upstairs holds 180 (we are booking that) and downstairs will easily hold 250, the package is amazing that we are getting. Love love love Killarney..