hotels to stay in Rome??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
hi all any nice central hotels to stay in Rome?? thinking of goin in Nov for 4 nights enough time to do the main attractions??? how long is flight from Cork//thnaks girls :o)ll
Satine Posts: 790
We flew out of Cork and I think it was about 2 and a half hours to three hours. We stayed in the Hotel Capo d'Africa. It is very close to the Colosseum and about a 10 to 15 min walk into the center of Rome. It was a lovely hotel, away from the hustle and bustle, but close enough to stroll into.
sona sasta Posts: 585
We stayed here http://boutiquehoteltrevi.hotelinroma.com its fab and 40m from Trevi Fountain. Not too cheap when we were there though.. 4 nights is definitely enough i think!
annonTTCer Posts: 532
we also stayed in the hotl capo d'africa. very nice hotel, just a few minutes walk from the Collisseum. its lovley walking by t in the evening. the flight from cork i think is about 3 hrs, we were booked on it but when we arrived at cork airport (our honeymoon) we were told our flight had left the day before so they had to get us to heathrow and fly to rome from there, it was the travel agents fault so at last we didnt have to pay and we got there, a few hours later tahn scheduled
thanks girls that hotel capo seems to be quite dear though?? maybe im looking at it wrong!! :hic
annonTTCer Posts: 532
yeah, it was our honeymoon so we didnt mind. last october we sent our parents to rome for a weekend. booked the river palace hotel www.riverpalacehotel.it got a reasonable deal at the time but i cant remember how much it was and i think it was quite central
Rockys Lover Posts: 194
try hotel del corso - slap bang in the middle of the city. Small but perfect when its just a bed at night you need!
bride03 Posts: 361
we stayed in hotel savoy, its nice not too far from the spanish steps and trevi fountain.
shoppergal Posts: 1179
[quote="sunshine10":7ln5ms8t]thanks girls that hotel capo seems to be quite dear though?? maybe im looking at it wrong!! :hic[/quote:7ln5ms8t] be prepared, rome hotels are really expensive. if you want something luxurious have the big bucks ready.
thanks all been having a look at the look fab what confused me is they gave the price of the whole stay as in for 2 people i thought that was each!! :-8 thanks again!! :wv