House Names

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Judy Posts: 612
Hi im wondering how many of ye have names on yer houses, we are nearly finished our build and arnt sure what to call it. Its on a very sheltered site surrounded by trees and has a lot of stone in the finish so if any of you could come up with something imaginative for me? So far we have been thinking of Calcourt house this joins together our two childrens names.
blinginhappy Posts: 1356
We do, its as Gaeilge and a mixture of the Irish versions of the towns we're from. I think anything with meaning is good, so I like Calcourt. Personally I like the Irish house names. I'm trying to come up with something for you based on your description but my brain seems to have taken the night off. :o0
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
have not found the house worthy of a name yet but do like Calcourt what type of trees surround the area ??
The house is fab dont mean to blow my trumpet here but its our dream home and im so proud of hubby for doing it! So I defo think its worth a name, the trees are oak mrs plaza, but there is a housing development close by called oaklands so dont want anything Oak. Glad ye like Calcourt :o)ll
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
[quote="Judy":35s776pw]The house is fab dont mean to blow my trumpet here but its our dream home and im so proud of hubby for doing it! So I defo think its worth a name, the trees are oak mrs plaza, but there is a housing development close by called oaklands so dont want anything Oak. Glad ye like Calcourt :o)ll[/quote:35s776pw] was so hoping it was not oak judy !
I no its everywhere isnt it, just watchin Podge & Rodge an I said to hubby we could always call it Ballydung Manor, but to my horror he liked it!!! :o0 Keep bumping my Calcourt house or I mite regret saying it at all :o0
meeeeeow Posts: 1349
What about.... "Carraigcoill"??? It encompasses the trees and the stone finish??
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
I really like Calcourt and especially if it joins your two childrens names. Its a family home with family names forming the basis of your house name. IYKWIM. :-8 Love it. :wv
noc Posts: 1802
The Calcourt idea is nice but what if you have another child? They might be a bit peeved if the house was called after their older bro and sis :o0 Have never given house name much thought though. Ours is just a number and always will be as it's on a street with lots of other houses on it.
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="noc":1uaiqo0n][b:1uaiqo0n]The Calcourt idea is nice but what if you have another child? They might be a bit peeved if the house was called after their older bro and sis [/b:1uaiqo0n]:o0 Have never given house name much thought though. Ours is just a number and always will be as it's on a street with lots of other houses on it.[/quote:1uaiqo0n] have heard of that happening