Housework

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babybonkers Posts: 438
I'm 13 wks pg and I'm still doing all the usual chores around the house. Am I ok to continue doing this? Quite a few people have said to me "oh you shouldn't be hoovering or mopping or lifting etc " but I am taking my time and not going overboard or anything. DH is always saying I'll do that and I'll do that etc but I like to continue my usual routine as much as possible. If I'm tired or aching I just don't do it so I feel that I'm only doing what I'm able to do. Anyone else around same stage as me still carrying on as normal with regards to housework.
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
Hi! I'm not at your stage yet but I can't really see it being a problem. I'd say as long as you're not doing anything out of the ordinary, like lifting something really heavy, you'll be fine. That's my opinion anyway. However you could always take advantage of the situation and let dh spoil you!! :o0 :o0
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
I did everything as normal, I even moved house 2 weeks ago and did all the packing and unpacking myself, just didnt lift anything. I'm getting more tired now, and even though I'm a total clean-freak, I'm just not in the mood for cleaning now. The problem is, I turned DH down so often at the start, when he was offering to help, that he doesnt offer anymore :-8 , so accept offers of help even now and again, it will stand to you in a few weeks time :o0
medea49 Posts: 324
I don't do anything differently now than I used to, really-- occasionally I need to do things a bit slower, and husband takes the trash out as the smell can make me gag. Yeah, I don't lift heavy stuff, but I didn't do that before either! I've had an easy pregnancy with no real problems though-- might be different if you felt very sore or nauseous-- in which case take the help! In fact it drives me crazy when my MIL tries to make me sit down all the time!! :o0 I'd say when you're heavier it will be a different story...
fabcards Posts: 541
id let him do it if hes offering....they dont offer too often so take it when it comes :o0 I remember coming home and findign my husband ironing...said at the time i should have gotten pregnant earlier...dont think hes has ironed since DS was born
jmeath Posts: 5740
I didnt do housework for weeks....ive got back into it now but i dont do the hovering or moping...also not scrubbing the bathrooms... hubbie does hovering, moping...i do the general cleaning like the kitchen counters and sweeping, maybe a bit of polishing....
Daff Posts: 11644
I've been so exhausted all pregnancy, but it's only in the last two weeks [email protected] stopped doing the housework - it's defiantely making me have more energy now! If you're feeling ok keep it light, but if you're tired leave it, they say you get your energy back again, I'm just still waiting...! :o0
tilsun Posts: 4506
I do very little, mainly because I am naturally lazy and reckon I now have a great excuse :o0 Wouldn't worry about much of it, except maybe hoovering and anything with heavy lifting (that's probably me being over cautious).
babs76 Posts: 1000
for the first 3 months i couldnt really do that much anyway as i had no energy and was constantly nauseous - feeling great now though and back to my normal tasks - we moved house last weekend and I've been going non stop - not lifting anything heavy though. I look at it like a bit of exercise.
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I do the housework as before, actually I'm nearly more of a clean freak now! I just try not to be lifting stuff up & down the stairs etc.