how are the partners???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oirish Posts: 1541
my poor dh I feel so sorry for him the last 3 weeks he has been eating microwave meals, subways, takeaways or cereal for his dinner !!! i've gone from an excellent diet with 5 a day of fruit and veg,fibre red meat occasionally to crap, nothing but crap and very little of it at that cos it won't stay down !! he cant cook so he's really depending on how bad I am on the day - one day I managed to make scrambled eggs and waffles for him, yesterday I manged to roast and eat some chicken and potatoes he was delighted !!! When I was really really bad last week I sent him down to his mams!!! I feel so bad, he's gone round to the chipper now (going to try a few chips myself but not feeling very optimistic absolultly everything I put in my mouth today came back up :o0 ) just wondering how the rest of yous with "all day sickness" are coping - what are the dh's doing for food ?
wombats Posts: 665
he should be cooking for you :o0
oirish Posts: 1541
jaysis are you trying to kill me altogether wombats the height of his culinary skills is toast :o0
sally Posts: 1140
I wouldnt be feeling guilty... hard enough to do all the cooking but when your feeling tired and sick all day its even worse. If I was you id get a nice easy cook book and let him learn... its not rocket science, my hubby manages two nights cooking a week, once he got into it he got quite technical and now often makes things from scratch, no packets or jars which is more than I can say for myself. It will be handy for him to be able to cook when the kids are grown up and you want to go off for the weekend or something.
jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
oh oirish! my poor hubby is much the same. he has been eating a proper dinner at lunch time in work so whatever snacks im feeling like we both have, has mostly been noodles/pasta ect. although today i wanted a "mammy" dinner and made stew, it was delicious, stayed down and himself was delighted to come home to a dinner!!
Delish Posts: 4176
my h2b has his dinner at work, there is no way I could cook for him, still feeling quesy, thought I was over it, the neasea is not as bad but I never feel good around food. So sick of the sickness :o0
dovedro Posts: 1295
I wouldn't worry about him too much, he needs to learn to cook for himself anyway! I had all day sickness and my DH would have done 90% of the cooking anyway so it didn't really affect me but I didn't eat any dinners in that time. I also couldn't have any food cooked around me so DH was confined to the kitchen with the doors closed when he was cooking and he had to stay in there and eat it as I couldn't look it :o0
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
My DH was the same until my sickness passed. (that was at 14 weeks) DH can work and if he didn't eat in work then he would cook for himself. Since it has passed though I cook at weekend (DH cooks during the week if he's off) we had lovely sunday roast at the weekend it was yummy. It does get better girls, promise.
breeze Posts: 1175
I never had the luxury of DH cooking for me. DH works also self employed, :o( so the dinner is always left up to me. We have an 8 yr pld so i always try to do a dinner. Sometimes MIL would drop dinner in, yum yum
Topolino Posts: 1659
Why don't you make a load of dinners at the weekend and freeze them? Do you have a blender? Make soup and then just boil some potatoes and get some fresh bead - delicious and nutritious! My husband used to do all the cooking before I got pregnant. I was like your husband, Oirish, and could hardly make toast! I do most of it now though. It's easy if you start with the basics. Your husband has no excuse not to be eating properly imo!