How are u paying suppliers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bling2010 Posts: 535
Just wondering how people will be paying the suppliers on the day? Cash or cheque or postal order? There will be so many to pay on the day so kinda thinking cash might not be a good idea! Apart from our band who I know will only take cash!!
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
im hoping to pay them all with cheques. Think it will be safer. Although i have a stg supplier so ill prob pay them with cash
Excited2010 Posts: 777
Im asking them how they want to be paid cash or bank draft. If they say cash then im lookin for money off as they dont have to put it through their books then. Check with them how they want cheques or drafts payable to my friend had a problem with one of her suppliers during her wedding as she had got the draft made payable to the name of company but they didnt have bank account in that name O:|
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
[quote="Excited2010":11jpwpaf]Im asking them how they want to be paid cash or bank draft. If they say cash then im lookin for money off as they dont have to put it through their books then. Check with them how they want cheques or drafts payable to my friend had a problem with one of her suppliers during her wedding as she had got the draft made payable to the name of company but they didnt have bank account in that name O:|[/quote:11jpwpaf] oh good ideas to ask for a discount for cash will def be trying that
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I paid cash to my florist, in instalments, paid cash deposit and paid remainder for cake in cash on the morning of the wedding on delivery of cake, my photographer in instalments aswell mostly cheques but the final I paid cash. I paid mostly in cheques tbh.
joker Posts: 2789
I'm going for cash n the cash discount too!! I wrk for myself n love cash days!!! Hotel will be paid by cheque!
bling2010 Posts: 535
has anyone gotten much of a discount by paying by cash?
sshh Posts: 416
Am only paying by cheque and am making this clear to any suppliers from the very outset. If they are worried about cheque bouncing etc i will get a draft but they can pay the fees. I am not carrying around bundles of cash on the day or asking someone in my family to. I have no interest in whether or not they pay tax on the money but it is for safety reasons.